By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - As Brawl approaches... a look back on Melee

Just a few days until the release of SSB:B (finally!). Over the last few weeks, I've dug up my old copy of Melee and I've been "getting back in the game". It's been a blast and I thought I could do a little hommage to Melee in list form. So here it is :

Favorite character : Peach -> Since I'm a very clumsy fighter her long recovery saves my ass oh so often and I love throwing those turnips around. As Peach herself would say she's "Sweeeeet!"

Worst character : Yoshi -> Once again I'm a clumsy fighter so Yoshi's egg roll almost always sends me off the stage, I tend to do Up-B to recover which makes him throw a stupid egg and then fall down to his death, plus I hate getting eaten all the time when fighting against Yoshi.

Favorite stage : The Temple from Zelda -> love the music, the chasing after your enemy

Worst stage : Icicle Moutain -> God I hate this stage! It seems to me like you're fighting the stage more than you're fighting your opponent, I wish I could have the option to bar this stage from the random option!!!

Favorite special mode : Home-run contest -> I love beating up that cute sandbag and send him flying

Worst special mode : Cruel melee -> I know there are some tricks to get a lot of KOs but it just isn't fun to play.

Now it's your turn, tell me all about what you like and dislike about the great game that is Melee!!!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

@Oyvoyvoyv
you wanna say something?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Favorite character: Falco. He can KO people with marginal amounts of damage, he is a master in the air, his aerial down-A attack is like a moker (makes me at least half my KO's), his fall speed is perfect for being everywhere at once, he can totally control people... lots of reasons IMO.
Worst character: Ice Climbers or Mr. Game & Watch. Game & Watch just sucked for a last character, because he was cool nor powerful. Ice Climbers because they were gimmicky and plain sucked.
Favorite stage: Actually, Final Destination. I'm not an 'unfun' player, but I just like to perfect my fighting to the border of elegance and not be distracted by items or environment. My 1 on 1 fights always look epic.
Worst stage: Icicle Mountain, for all reasons you already listed.
And by the way, TruckOSaurus, there is a wayto exclude it from random - it's unlockable. I think you get it as an option under 'additional rules' in the VS options menu when you unlock All-Star.
Favorite special mode: Target Test. Just loved beating my times.
Least favourite special mode: Never played Cruel Melee much, or Homerun Contest.

I drink your milkshake.

Thanks for the tip T013, I'll make sure to ban this dreadful stage next time I play Melee!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Favorite character: Link

Worst character: Ice Climbers (I hate them so much)

Favorite stage: The Temple from Zelda

Worst stage: Icicle Moutain

Favorite special mode: Target Test

Least favourite special mode: Homerun Contest.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Whoa? What happened to my text?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Favorite character: Link. He's just so damn badass! His smashes are quite strong, his Up-B (which I dub 'the dirty whirl') is full of win, and anyone caught by his down-stab is pretty much out of luck. Also, I love whipping out a bomb and punting it at someone trying to recover .
Worst character: Pichu. SO glad he's out of Brawl--he's a Pikachu who HURTS HIMSELF!
Favorite stage: Hyrule Temple. Perfect blend of tactical battles and space.
Worst stage: Icicle Mountain.
Favorite special mode: Giant melee
Least favourite special mode: Home Run Contest. I can see why some like it, but I just find it dull.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Favorite Character: Mewtwo
Best Character: Jigglypuff
Worst Character: Bowser!! He's too damn slow. Makes you thumbs hurt just trying to move the guy!

Favorite Stage: Hyrule Temple due to the music although I did not like the size. As soon as the sound test was unlocked sometimes I turn on Melee just to listen to some tunes.

Least Favorite Stage(s): All except Hyrule, Final Destination, Poke'Stadium and Mushroom Kingdom 1 stage.

Least Favorite Mode: BREAK the targets!!!

Will I continue to play this (Melee) and its predecessor well into Brawl's lifetime: Yes!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Favorite Character: Marth

Worst Character: Jiggly Puff

Favorite Stage: Hyrule Temple

Least Favorite Stage: Poke-floats