By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - New petition demands to ban the Holy Bible for the same reasons as GTA V

DonFerrari said:
pepharytheworm said:
DonFerrari said:
The problem is that feminists would agree with banning the bible.

And how is that a problem? Is this suppose to be payback against feminst or something?

I thought the purpouse of this petition was to show how ridiculous feminists were about demanding gta ban by counterpeting the bible. If the purpouse is another then I failed at understanding it.

If it is just for those reasons and these people don't really care about the real issues presented in the bible... than this is quite more disgusting than the GTAV ban at target. If anything this show how ridiculus those people are who openly oppose feminism are.

Around the Network
pepharytheworm said:
DonFerrari said:
pepharytheworm said:

And how is that a problem? Is this suppose to be payback against feminst or something?

I thought the purpouse of this petition was to show how ridiculous feminists were about demanding gta ban by counterpeting the bible. If the purpouse is another then I failed at understanding it.

If it is just for those reasons and these people don't really care about the real issues presented in the bible... than this is quite more disgusting than the GTAV ban at target. If anything this show how ridiculus those people are who openly oppose feminism are.

The real issues of how was the world 10k years ago? Why are the people that openly oppose feminism ridiculous? Unless you also think feminism is ridiculous I don't see why the opposition should be.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
pepharytheworm said:
DonFerrari said:
pepharytheworm said:

The real issues of how was the world 10k years ago? Why are the people that openly oppose feminism ridiculous? Unless you also think feminism is ridiculous I don't see why the opposition should be.

If what you say is true and this petition is just to show how ridiculous feminism is, all it does is come  off as as being more ridiculous 

because they aren't standing for anything they are actually petitioning. If they want to not seem so idiotic instead have a petition towards unbanning the game giving many reasons and arguments to back up their thoughts. My point though is what they are doing is more damning to their cause then helpful. Just as they are making blanket statements about feminism (and not just those particular people involed in this incident) others will do the same to them for this silliness.

Damn, this is some good shit. Just shows why banning things is stupid. If you find reason to ban anything, then you can ban everything.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

pepharytheworm said:
DonFerrar

If what you say is true and this petition is just to show how ridiculous feminism is, all it does is come  off as as being more ridiculous 

because they aren't standing for anything they are actually petitioning. If they want to not seem so idiotic instead have a petition towards unbanning the game giving many reasons and arguments to back up their thoughts. My point though is what they are doing is more damning to their cause then helpful. Just as they are making blanket statements about feminism (and not just those particular people involed in this incident) others will do the same to them for this silliness.

Sometimes it is more effective to show someone is wrong by emulating their behaviour in a exagerated way so they can see how ridiculous it is. GIL VICENTE called it "castigare at risum" or punishing by laughing, that basically was a comedy criticizing society customes. We still do it.

But you said they were ridiculous by opposing feminism, not by the means used. Why would you say that?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
pepharytheworm said:
DonFerrar

Sometimes it is more effective to show someone is wrong by emulating their behaviour in a exagerated way so they can see how ridiculous it is. GIL VICENTE called it "castigare at risum" or punishing by laughing, that basically was a comedy criticizing society customes. We still do it.

But you said they were ridiculous by opposing feminism, not by the means used. Why would you say that?

I didn't say that. I said "If anything this shows how ridiculous those people are who openly oppose feminism are." . "This" stands for in my quote as the petition to ban the bible and all the reasons and actions behind it spoken of earlier by you and I.  They are trying to show how feminism is wrong but end up coming off as idiots because of actions like these. You pointed that out yourself by saying The problem is that feminists would agree with banning the bible.  Remember you brought into question that their actions were to oppose feminism and not these particular women and Target's actions.

But if you want my personal opinion I find anyone who thinks  "the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men." is something that should be opposed or mocked is an awful person. 

pepharytheworm said:
DonFerrari said:
pepharytheworm said:
DonFerrar

I didn't say that. I said "If anything this shows how ridiculous those people are who openly oppose feminism are." . "This" stands for in my quote as the petition to ban the bible and all the reasons and actions behind it spoken of earlier by you and I.  They are trying to show how feminism is wrong but end up coming off as idiots because of actions like these. You pointed that out yourself by saying The problem is that feminists would agree with banning the bible.  Remember you brought into question that their actions were to oppose feminism and not these particular women and Target's actions.

But if you want my personal opinion I find anyone who thinks  "the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men." is something that should be opposed or mocked is an awful person. 

ok so anyone that disagrees and oppose feminism and it's claim are awfull and you want to say that in your first answer that they are ridiculous by what they want not what they did. is there a limit for you on what is feminism or not?

Crazy stuff is happening in this world, as usual..

It's not the same thing. You can credit the bible for tons of real life violence, intolerance, even wars, while gta has never been conclusively linked to any real life violence.

SvennoJ said:
It's not the same thing. You can credit the bible for tons of real life violence, intolerance, even wars, while gta has never been conclusively linked to any real life violence.

Actually haha