By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U over tracked in France

Within error I'd say, but probably a little overtracked. Still, puts to bed the rumours it's undertracked at least.

What we can take from this is that France is 25% of the Euro market (according to VGC).

If they expect 100k in France that could well hint at 400k for all of Europe over Dec.

Around the Network

The tracking is pretty good then. Its only off by 20-30k units.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Seece said:
Within error I'd say, but probably a little overtracked. Still, puts to bed the rumours it's undertracked at least.

What we can take from this is that France is 25% of the Euro market (according to VGC).

If they expect 100k in France that could well hint at 400k for all of Europe over Dec.

you know the person was just rounding down. this is silly. he was giving these figures off-hand, not providing a sales report. the context was a magazine interview, not an investor briefing.

Wii U France about equal to PS4 Italy.
PS4 France surely past 1m?

Philippe Lavoué from Nintendo France gave a 3rd interview, with JDLI this time.

So this time, the numbers are up to Dec 7th (the previous ones being up to Nov 30th)

Wii U: 471K in France + still estimate at 'almost 550K at the end of the year'
290K Pokémon ORAS (191K last week, so 99k this week)
Tomodashi Life aims at surpassing 400K this year.

And a first view on the software top5 for week 49 (Dec 1st-7th) (which will be offcially released next monday):
1. Just Dance 2015 (Wii)
2. Pokémon Omega Ruby (3DS)
3. Pokémon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
4. Tomodachi Life (3DS)

(Also means that SSBU which was 3. on it's release week is probably out of top5 for it's second week)

http://www.jdli.com/nintendo-s-accapare-le-top-5-des-ventes-jeux-art-1154-1.html

My comment: Wii with Just Dance 2015 gets the top1 spot for one more year in France, impressive!

Prediction: End of 2015 Hardware sales (as of January 20, 2015)

Wii U: 12.1M | XBO: 19.8M | PS4: 36.0M | 3DS: 58.5M | PSV: 11.7M