By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Brawl 9.5/10! Woot!

Twilight Princess is a straight-up Gamecube game ported to the Wii and that was likely taken into consideration when giving it an 8.5 though. It probably would be lower if it was a ground-up Wii game.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
windbane said:
naznatips said:
Smidlee said:
By the way Ps3 Virtua Fighter 5 only got a 8.5 score (IGN) for graphics as well , clearly one of the best looking fighters out there so a 8.5 sounds very fair to me for SSBB.

They gave an 8.5 in Graphics to Twilight Princess on Wii... let's compare the same character in both games:

Versus

Show in-game, please.

Both of those pics are INGAME.  There is no trickery at all in either picture. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

naznatips said:
tastyshovelware said:

I have no problem with that. i just think it's silly that people are posting melee pictures (2001 gamecube game) next to brawl pictures (2008 wii game) and saying "wow, what a leap. 10!"

Did you even read the review? The reason people did that is the review said that it didn't look much better than Melee. The reason people are saying it should be scored in the 9s is that it's some of the best graphics on the Wii.

I agree with tasty.  If the Wii is just a GC, then comparing only to other Wii games is fair, but I think some people want to see a bigger leap in graphics than what's being shown on Wii so far. 

Smidlee said:
Sorry but it not uncommon for a fighter game to have better graphics since you playing in a small area compared to large 3D environment game.

That's certainly true, but does that mean Fighters get an automatic deduction just because of the genre? That's not very fair. Here's another one:

They gave the top game a 9.5, and the bottom game an 8.5 in graphics? I feel like I must be taking crazzy pills or something. Why am I the only one who sees major issues with their complete lack of standardization?

That is in-game Windbane.  Everything on the Dojo is in game.  I can give you dozens of other pictures of Link in that same quality. 

BenKenobi88 said:
windbane said:
naznatips said:
Smidlee said:
By the way Ps3 Virtua Fighter 5 only got a 8.5 score (IGN) for graphics as well , clearly one of the best looking fighters out there so a 8.5 sounds very fair to me for SSBB.

They gave an 8.5 in Graphics to Twilight Princess on Wii... let's compare the same character in both games:

Versus

Show in-game, please.

Both of those pics are INGAME. There is no trickery at all in either picture.

Oh, ok, so when you play Brawl all you see is Link.  Gotcha.

How about showing a screenshot of gameplay, then.

Around the Network
windbane said:

Oh, ok, so when you play Brawl all you see is Link. Gotcha.

Mr. Ignorant, when you pause Brawl you get free rotation and focus of the camera. In other words, it's incredibly simple to pause Brawl and take a screen of anything, including just Link.

naznatips said:
Smidlee said:
Sorry but it not uncommon for a fighter game to have better graphics since you playing in a small area compared to large 3D environment game.

That's certainly true, but does that mean Fighters get an automatic deduction just because of the genre? That's not very fair. Here's another one:

They gave the top game a 9.5, and the bottom game an 8.5 in graphics? I feel like I must be taking crazzy pills or something. Why am I the only one who sees major issues with their complete lack of standardization?

That is in-game Windbane. Everything on the Dojo is in game. I can give you dozens of other pictures of Link in that same quality.

Alright, but I just want to see an actual gameplay screen versus an actual gameplay screen.  Screenshots of gameplay.

Btw, Samus is brighter but not better looking, imo. 

When zoomed in on Link, the game looks WORSE, so I don't understand why you care that it's just a zoomed in pic. It's just showing off the details that exist.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

naznatips said:
windbane said:

Oh, ok, so when you play Brawl all you see is Link. Gotcha.

Mr. Ignorant, when you pause Brawl you get free rotation and focus of the camera. In other words, it's incredibly simple to pause Brawl and take a screen of anything, including just Link.

*sigh*

I've seen gameplay vids and they do not look like that.  Granted, those were on TV, so if you have screenshots of when the actual game is being played, that would be nice. 

Btw, I love how they gave the game a 9.5 but you guys are annoyed that they gave the graphics a lower score than you want.  How about you play the game before you judge?  On second thought, that probably wouldn't make a difference...