By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Brawl 9.5/10! Woot!

tastyshovelware said:
8.5/10

"Looks like an enhanced version of Melee. Improved character models and backgrounds. Everything runs in 480p, 16:9 and at 60 frames. Even so, the graphics definitely lack detail in areas."

melee scored a 8.0/10 for graphics. 6+ years have passed, standards have changed yet brawl still has the better graphical score. meaning they do think the graphics look markedly better.

The character models are as detailed as physically possible on the Wii.  So are the environments.  Obviously everything has improved to the limit it can.  The stages are far more complex with far more animation, the character models are more detailed, the game runs at a rock solid 60FPS and the max resolution. The game is the best looking game on the Wii with the possible exception of Super Mario Galaxy.  What are you comparing it to that it should have improved on?

Around the Network
naznatips said:
So, we're set then Riot?

When Resident Evil 5 comes out the gameplay should default down to a 7 because the 360 and PS3 can't use the Wii's superior motion controls from RE4?

360 and PS3 graphics will never get a score above an 8.5 again? Gameplay for RTS and FPS games caps at 7 right? Wii graphics cap at 7 too?

If Resident Evil 5 has inferior controls to Resident Evil 4, the games predisesor, then it should get an inferior score.  Resident Evil 4's controls without the Wii-mote are clunky and inaccurate. You're damn right they shouldn't score as high as the Wii's resident Evil. Why should they score that high if they're inferior?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I predicted 9.5 exactly, but graphics look really good so it should be at least a 9 for that.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Griffin said:
All you guys complaining about the graphics score can you provide a list of games that scored better for graphics.

(this isn't sarcastic) thanks for at least trying to find out more before attacking people's complaints Griffin. Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 are the two games that have been rated higher, both given 9.5s.

Other games that have tied with it:  Twilight Princess 8.5, Zack & Wiki 8.5.

I guessed:

9 Presentation
9 Graphics
10 Sound
9.5 Gameplay
10 Lasting appeal
----------------------
94%

Before I went to bed. I was pretty close of getting it right on =p. Would of made me happier to see a graphics a 9 but i'm still glad they didn't rate it lower than Metroid.

Around the Network

By the way Ps3 Virtua Fighter 5  on IGN site only got a 8.5 score  for graphics as well , clearly one of the best looking fighters out there so a 8.5 sounds very fair to me for SSBB.

Smidlee said:
By the way Ps3 Virtua Fighter 5 only got a 8.5 score (IGN) for graphics as well , clearly one of the best looking fighters out there so a 8.5 sounds very fair to me for SSBB.

They gave an 8.5 in Graphics to Twilight Princess on Wii... let's compare the same character in both games:

Versus

Sorry but it not uncommon for a fighter game to have better graphics ( a lot more model details especially) since you playing in a small area compared to large 3D environment game.

naznatips said:
tastyshovelware said:
8.5/10

"Looks like an enhanced version of Melee. Improved character models and backgrounds. Everything runs in 480p, 16:9 and at 60 frames. Even so, the graphics definitely lack detail in areas."

melee scored a 8.0/10 for graphics. 6+ years have passed, standards have changed yet brawl still has the better graphical score. meaning they do think the graphics look markedly better.

The character models are as detailed as physically possible on the Wii.  So are the environments.  Obviously everything has improved to the limit it can.  The stages are far more complex with far more animation, the character models are more detailed, the game runs at a rock solid 60FPS and the max resolution. The game is the best looking game on the Wii with the possible exception of Super Mario Galaxy.  What are you comparing it to that it should have improved on?

it's still a first or maybe 2nd gen game. nothing against the graphics (cause i do think they look really good), but i hope the wii has more to offer.

also, for the TP vs. brawl comparison. i know brawl looks better but let's face it, TP got a gemme 8.5 cause it was a launch game and the best looking of the bunch. in the end, it was still a gamecube game (from a graphics standpoint).

naznatips said:
Smidlee said:
By the way Ps3 Virtua Fighter 5 only got a 8.5 score (IGN) for graphics as well , clearly one of the best looking fighters out there so a 8.5 sounds very fair to me for SSBB.

They gave an 8.5 in Graphics to Twilight Princess on Wii... let's compare the same character in both games:

Versus

Show in-game, please.