By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN gives Brawl 9.5/10! Woot!

So basically they docked the game for not having Mega Man? They score based on rumor accuracy now? It's not like Snake and Sonic make the game. They're just icing. It's al about Olimar, Meta-Knight, Pit, and the level editor. And the SSE is the best adventure mode in a fighter ever.

Sakurai put his soul into this game, and that's why it has more soul than anything else out there. Ugh I can't wait for the English version so I can read all these damn trophies! Also, the graphics in this game aren't gonna age poorly like allen these realistic looking graphical 10 hunks of junk. And I highly recommend the OST. It's 16 hours of heaven. Hands down best.

Wow. I'm starting to twitch. My fiancée is coming over tonight and I'm afraid this game might come between us (JK), althought she did come to the tourney with me the other weekend... I hope I can unlock some more crap before she gets here.

If I was rich, I would buy copies of Brawl for every member of the Chartz. No gamer should live without it. I'm normally a skeptical asshole, but this game showed me what games are SUPPOSED to be like! FALCON PAAAUNCH, biyatches!

:::brain assplodes:::

Around the Network

Great rundown, naznatips! There was quite a bit in there that I didn't know.

But doesn't "score" refer to all the music together, and not each individual piece?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Wow naznatips. I think this game can't fit on a Blu-Ray disc.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

BenKenobi88 said:
TopCat8 said:
I thought the review, for the most part, was fair. The only complaint I have with his review is when he said that he was actually disappointed that there weren't more 3rd party characters. Ummm...There didn't have to be any at all. Don't complain.

I think a big problem is that Snake was revealed in the first trailer for Brawl, AMAZING, but obviously old news.

Sonic was revealed later last year.

If Snake and Sonic were totally secret, unlockable characters, reviews would be GUSHING about how awesome it is that they threw in these 2 third party characters.  Since they're old news, they take it for granted.

agreed. snake was announced a year and a half before brawl hit shelves and sonic was something like 3 months prior to release. i think a lot of people (including myself) were waiting for that 1 final pay off announcement that would come right before or the day of the games release. still, 2 is better then 0.

Stever89 said:
@Riot, do you think that Brawl will be a generation-defining game now?

I'll tell you this: After watching that video review, my mind is now open to it as a possibility. I still want to play the game for myself before coming to a definite conclusion. I know I'm going to like, though, but that does not mean I will consider it a generation-defining game. I need to play it first before I lable it as such.

Cut it out with the trolling. You're just trying to piss people off. 

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
So basically they docked the game for not having Mega Man? They score based on rumor accuracy now? It's not like Snake and Sonic make the game. They're just icing. It's al about Olimar, Meta-Knight, Pit, and the level editor. And the SSE is the best adventure mode in a fighter ever.

Sakurai put his soul into this game, and that's why it has more soul than anything else out there. Ugh I can't wait for the English version so I can read all these damn trophies! Also, the graphics in this game aren't gonna age poorly like allen these realistic looking graphical 10 hunks of junk. And I highly recommend the OST. It's 16 hours of heaven. Hands down best.

Wow. I'm starting to twitch. My fiancée is coming over tonight and I'm afraid this game might come between us (JK), althought she did come to the tourney with me the other weekend... I hope I can unlock some more crap before she gets here.

If I was rich, I would buy copies of Brawl for every member of the Chartz. No gamer should live without it. I'm normally a skeptical asshole, but this game showed me what games are SUPPOSED to be like! FALCON PAAAUNCH, biyatches!

:::brain assplodes:::

MK: armageddon had the best kart racer in any fighter ever.... doesn't make it great.

I'm quite curious about how the game would be viewed if there was no E for All and no Smash Dojo.

Final-Fan said:
Great rundown, naznatips! There was quite a bit in there that I didn't know.

But doesn't "score" refer to all the music together, and not each individual piece?

Uh, maybe?  I changed it in case you're right hehe.

Wii Sports defined this gen, but Brawl just re-defined this genre.

My fiancée is gonna want to play Soulcalibur 2 tonight, but that's gonna be a damn hard step backwards for me to take.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Stever89 said:
@Riot, do you think that Brawl will be a generation-defining game now?
I'll tell you this: After watching that video review, my mind is now open to it as a possibility. I still want to play the game for myself before coming to a definite conclusion. I know I'm going to like, though, but that does not mean I will consider it a generation-defining game. I need to play it first before I lable it as such.
And that's totally understandable. Many here agree that it has that potential, but those who say it definitely is are getting ahead of themselves. Lots of deserving games fail to gain the fame they deserve, and although SSBB is a guaranteed hit, that's not the same as a guaranteed generation-definer.
NJ5 said:
Cut it out with the trolling. You're just trying to piss people off.
That was a joke. I presume. NJ5?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!