By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 will undercut Xbox One in China, reports claim

tiffac said:
daredevil.shark said:
Sony will be busy in December.

They will probably release it next year during Chinese New Year. So they will be busy in February. :)

They will be holding 4 conferences in December. China announcement, PS Experience, Geoff keighly (not their but its important) and Asian game awards. So they will be busy.

Around the Network

The Xbox One's main barrier in China is the fact that its more expensive to get the government locked version than to import an unlock system that play games. I don't understand why its so much but I suspect it has something to do with SMG and Microsoft's rush to set up shop in China.

daredevil.shark said:

They will be holding 4 conferences in December. China announcement, PS Experience, Geoff keighly (not their but its important) and Asian game awards. So they will be busy.

Oh that's what you meant. Then yeah, they will be very busy. lol!

Cheaper then the x1 should attract some but I do wonder which games will be available for purchase

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

prinz_valium said:
it all depends on the release date.
if its just summer 2015, the ps4 is alreday 1 1/2 year old and could be cheaper for sure.
and even 3/4 year older than the xb1 in China.

but maybe they release in february and 2999 would be a very good price

Reports are coming in that suggest the release date and oficial price will be announced on 12/11.  Given that Sony has also partnered with SMG, I would expect a launch no later than March.  Look like another round of preorder tracking is imminent by month's end. 

Around the Network

Actually, it's not the case of PS undercutting as much as it's the case of XOne being overpriced...

China is one big market yet very unpredictable with all the restrictions. Let's wait and see.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Cheaper then the x1 should attract some but I do wonder which games will be available for purchase

I am sure all of that information will be revealed next week during the conference in China.

Why would they though? Playstation is already immensely more popular. Are they trying to close the deal from the start?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Its cheaper to get the X1 illegally there so that will probably be the case with the PS4 as well. Plus, even Chinese customers don't want to own the official consoles since they have so many restrictions and few games.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54