By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What did you do with your Wii U? [2nd anniversary]

Youtube is blocked at my job, so I can´t see the video.... anyway.

I can say that I had a lot of fun with my WiiU so far. I´m not a "graphics whore", I do care about gameplay and art design when buying games, and in this sense WiiU has provided a lot of great games for me. So far, Pikmin 3, Lego City Undercover, Injustice Gods Among Us, Super Mario 3d World, Rayman Legends, Nintendoland, Deus EX Human Revolution are the games that took most of my time.

In my family, many people play videogames and some of my brothers/nieces/nephews/friends come to my house regularly. While some of them have their PS´s and Xbox´s we are always getting together to play something on the WiiU. The multiplayer games available are the best for our gaming parties. We love our consoles when at home but when we want to have a gathering, the WiiU is mandatory. Mario Kart, Mario3DWorld, Rayman Legends and Just Dance are the group favourites.

(By the way, some of them have WiiU´s too, almost everyone has a 3ds)

I´m  yet to get Super Smash Bros. I´m not in a hurry because Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2 have been taking a lot of my game time lately and I have plenty of multiplayer games for our gaming parties

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

Would have been nice to celebrate WiiU's 2nd anniversary and SM3DW's 1st anniversary playing Captain Toad.
... Thanks to NoE, a pre-order is all I can do.

Same here. But I have still enough to do with other Wii U titles. So it's okay for me then but let's hope the 2nd January comes fast

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Asriel said:
I've had mine 12 months this weekend and it's been my most used console this year, 60+ hours each of the last two months. Hoping the software slate in 2015 is more consistent because I have fewer titles to catch up on, but I do have a lengthy eShop/Virtual Console wishlist.

2014 was and still is a great year for Wii U owners. Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Bayonetta, Smash etc. etc. A lot of games have been released while the other consoles had to suffer under launch issues like bugs and server problems.

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Mnementh said:
I played mine. A lot of Zen Pinball, because via Miiverse someone organized tournaments (great example showing how Miiverse improves the gaming experience). Other than that: Monster Hunter, Pikmin 3, Zelda:WW, Deus Ex, W101 and since some months Mario Kart as the major games I played. Besides that a lot smaller stuff like The Cave, Little Inferno, Pullblox, Unepic. Also I recently started to use netflix, as the service started in germany.

That's one of the most important reasons I think the Wii U should get more recognition! Miiverse is great and I can't think about a Nintendo console without Miiverse anymore.

Havnt really had the opportunity to use Miiverse alot yet. Someone care to elaborate why it is so great? I just read through comments and look at pictures but I have yet to have something great out of it.

I havnt had the console for very long just about since the the day MK8 released.. There werent many titles that intrigued me but I got it in May and havnt looked back since. Got a decent library of games: MK8, NSMBU, NSLU, Game & Wario, Nintendoland, Bayonetta 1 & 2, Hyrule Warriors, SM3DW, Zombi U, Rayman Legends, Windwaker, Lego City Undercover and Smash Bros. Then another 10 or so downloadable titles.

I havnt had enough time to play through everything either.. very happy about the console, sucha shame so few of my friends actually has one so I almost play everything alone.

Around the Network

I got it in September with MK8. Finished all cups in 3 stars. Not bought DLC.

Then in October, I got Hyrule Warriors as a gift. Really enjoyed it, but for now, I'm done with just completing the story on normal. I don't consider the game finished at all, I need to at least 90% it and I'm not even close!

Later in same month I got Bayonetta 1, Bayonetta 2 and AC:Black Flag for just over £50 from amazon. Done with B1, now playing B2. I tried Black Flag and reached as far as the first part after the prologue. REALLY like the pirate part, but HATE those animus sync and futuristic, stuff.

3 Days ago, I got Link amiibo & Smash Bros Wii U on Black Friday. Unlocked all the stages and characters so far.

That's my Wii U's 4 month anniversary story.

I haven't really enjoyed any game on WiiU since Super Mario 3d World. I also really liked Nintendo Land and a few others in between those two. Everything else after that just feels more and more like Wii rehashes with HD graphics and poorer controls.

I have had a fairly great time with it and I am glad that I bought it even during launch

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Ninricken said:
ninjapirate42 said:
Still playing mine!

Currently going back and forth with Smash and Mario Kart, though I might revisit ZombiU again before I get some new games this Christmas.

Did you buy the MK8 DLC? It's a lot of fun and the price for both is fair.

I always wanted to play Zombi U and Monster Hunter again but I haven't enough time, even for my new games.

What do you want for Christmas?

I certainly did! I bought both packs so I'm enjoying the new tracks so far and will look forward to the next batch that gets released as well.

That's my problem, I have a big backlog of games so it's difficult to try and revisit.

I might try and pick up some recent 360 titles that I just haven't played yet (GTAV, Evil Within, Skyrim). As for Wii U or 3DS, I might get ORAS, Lego City Undercover and Rayman Legends.

Ive been playing mine to death since Mario Kart came out and now Smash.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~