By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Loving Unreal Tournament III....

ssj12 said:
MikeB said:
ssj12 said:
PC version is even better plus tons of people online.

Some people like the 1up guys prefer the PS3 version though.

thats the tards at 1up though. Tell the gamers from the EU who have been buying up UT3 PC. There are at least 70 EU based clans now. Some with over 100 members

Maybe and I agree having a big online community for this game is crucial, but if both versions are about equal I would prefer my HDTV over my 17 inch monitor. (Choice between Sixaxis or Mouse/keyboard is nice as well, may alter the experience)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Too true mike :P thats the only reason I'm not a PC gamer ^^ Ummm yeah I think this game is friggin sweet :) but you all might think I'm crazy because I actually DON'T like it's online... I'm just not much of a fan of the frantic, no-strategy, run n' gun :x But I'll admit some of the game modes are great fun, and the mods keep me coming back :) I need to get that Lego one!

BTW, This game has friggin badass music xD

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I'm thinking of getting this in UK... anyone got any view on how full servers are, etc?

I was out shopping today and noticed it was sitting at number 1 in Game (PS3 section) so I presume its selling okay over here (or it was a really slow week, or Game are trying to tempt me with lies).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I have never been an Unreal Tournament fan, but I was tempted to pick this up.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I've been tempted, but I'm kind of busy of busy with CoD, and I've got RSV 2 in a few weeks, so I don't have the time. Anyway, the single player is meant to be crap, and personally, I don't feel it is worth it just for the multiplayer, I'll just rent it and see how good it is

Around the Network

one mistake this game made was that all the ads i see on TV here in the US are some crap about the story. Unreal has never been about the story. i see these ads all the time, even more then the DMC4 adds

MikeB said:
ssj12 said:

On PS3 UT3 is one of the best shooters (as if it's hard to do that). The PC version is better, but UT3 is just slightly above average on PC compared to other PC FPS.

Also, 1up are mediocre reporters, people shouldn't take them seriously. 

MikeB said:
ssj12 said:
MikeB said:
ssj12 said:

thats the tards at 1up though. Tell the gamers from the EU who have been buying up UT3 PC. There are at least 70 EU based clans now. Some with over 100 members

Maybe and I agree having a big online community for this game is crucial, but if both versions are about equal I would prefer my HDTV over my 17 inch monitor. (Choice between Sixaxis or Mouse/keyboard is nice as well, may alter the experience)

Does not make sense when:

- You can use a controller on the PC version

- You can hook up your PC to your HDTV

- And PC UT3 is much better (big community, mods, 20% faster, better graphics, more fluid)

ssj12 said:
MikeB said:
ssj12 said:

The discussion was a little more complicated than "1UP likes PS3 version over PC version!"  The "tards" at 1up had a discussion between a few people on a podcast.  They said it's probably better that the PS3 version runs a little slower because of the response time of the controller and the console audience.  Unreal is far twitchier than Halo and CoD.  Different guys at 1up enjoy different versions, so to lump them all together is misleading.

I hate to constantly defend 1up and ign but if you actually listen to their podcasts maybe you'd stop bashing the hell out of them every chance you get (and by "you" i'm referring mostly to Wii fans that seem to look for anyone to blame for their games getting low review scores, even though many do not, and apparently ssj12). 

I guess I'm going to have to get this game.

I agree with most people here, Unreal Tournament 3 is an incredible game, very very underrated!

Just wait until we have some sweet looks mods (Making Something Unreal Contest :) :) :) )...

I'm waiting the day one of the mod teams creates a Halo mod...

Change everything to Halo weapons, Halo characters, Halo levels, Halo gametypes, etc... It'd kind of be a slap in the face to the 360 and Halo3...but would be fun none the less :D