By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Looks like PS4 will be #1 for Black Friday

LudicrousSpeed said:
Anecdotal but my local Walmart still has a whole pallet of PS4 BF bundurus and the regular PS4 SKU as well. If they have them still next Friday when it's bonus time I might have to bite.

Anyone with LoU HD, how is the online community? When it first came out I remember watching a stream and it took a group like 5 minutes to find a decent game.

I had TLOU on PS3 but only played 2 or 3 games online. I complete the 14 weeks for both hunters and fireflys so i gave it a proper go this time around. The matchmaking was ok when i played but perfect now. The multiplayer is also excellent especially if you have a good group. 

As for your evidence, I've heard similar things in some other stores but the reality is Sony will win if it's a case of they supply a lot more PS4's than X1's. If it doesn't go out of stock at all this holiday Xbox will have to do really well to beat it. 

Around the Network

I took a look at Gamestop's top sellers list and there are 4 PS4 SKUs in the top 50 as opposed to just one X1 SKU.

#1 GTA V + TLOU bundle
#4 LBP3 + Lego family bundle
#13 AC X1 bundle
#32 Holiday PS4 bundle
#47 Standalone PS4

PS4 is definitely selling better today.

Aura7541 said:
I took a look at Gamestop's top sellers list and there are 4 PS4 SKUs in the top 50 as opposed to just one X1 SKU.

#1 GTA V + TLOU bundle
#4 LBP3 + Lego family bundle
#13 AC X1 bundle
#32 Holiday PS4 bundle
#47 Standalone PS4

keep the updates coming! i''m off to bed so will no longer do it :) 

Went to Walmart today on my lunch break and saw about 15 XBOX ONE in the XBOX ONE case. There were no PS4 in the PS4 case. Though I didn't ask any questions they could've have been sold out even before Black Friday. Anyway, picked up Shadow of Mordor, Sleeping Dogs, and Dragon Age: Inquisition today. Will definitely cheer me up after my Niners game last night.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
FentonCrackshell said:
Went to Walmart today on my lunch break and saw about 15 XBOX ONE in the XBOX ONE
case. There were no PS4 in the PS4 case. Though I didn't ask any questions they could've have been sold out even before Black Friday. Anyway, picked up Shadow of Mordor, Sleeping Dogs, and Dragon Age: Inquisition today. Will definitely cheer me up after my Niners game last night.

will you check tomorrow and see if it's back in stock? 

Kerotan said:
FentonCrackshell said:
Went to Walmart today on my lunch break and saw about 15 XBOX ONE in the XBOX ONE
case. There were no PS4 in the PS4 case. Though I didn't ask any questions they could've have been sold out even before Black Friday. Anyway, picked up Shadow of Mordor, Sleeping Dogs, and Dragon Age: Inquisition today. Will definitely cheer me up after my Niners game last night.

will you check tomorrow and see if it's back in stock? 

Will do. I'm actually on my way to Target right now to get some things for my kids. I'll check that place out as well. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

The XBO clearly needed another 5-6 price cuts bundled with 7-8 free games, and another Halo to best the PS4.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

As someone who just woke up after working a 12hr black friday shift i wouldnt be so sure

I work at a high volume target store and we had a huge supply of xboxes, and a smaller supply but still alot of ps4s, and like a even smaller supply of wiius.
By the time i left the supply of xboxes were almost gone on the floor.
Ignoring the fact we had more of all the consoles in our stockroom

I had parents and teenagers and ofcourse resellers buying xboxes all night.
The only xboxes that were on the floor really by the time i left were the AC kinect bundles

LudicrousSpeed said:
Anecdotal but my local Walmart still has a whole pallet of PS4 BF bundurus and the regular PS4 SKU as well. If they have them still next Friday when it's bonus time I might have to bite.

Anyone with LoU HD, how is the online community? When it first came out I remember watching a stream and it took a group like 5 minutes to find a decent game.

i am currently going for the platinum on The Last of Us Remastered, and i played the online quite a LOT at the beginning of this month and the community is strong i never had a problem finding a match/game, and with this new bundle that has both GTA and TLOU the community should grow or at least stay as active for a longer time.