By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XB1 going out of stock everywhere online despite 10 million shipment announce...

endimion said:
Wait who says they haven't shipped 10m or. Even more by now??? One way or the other nobody knows... MS king of spin maybe I have seen more spin from Sony across all their marks than MS in general a lot more... Then again you don't have to spin much when you are as successful than MS but that's not the point... Nobody knows how much they actually shipped by now... Ine thing for sure all that over shipment they apparently did that was collecting dust seems to have flown of the shelves in record time compared to any other brand unless PS4 overshipped even more than MS maybe???

ROFL. You should apply to work for MS PR and include this post in your resume! 

We're talking about console business here and MS don't have a patch on Sony's success in this market. 

PS1 - 100M

Xbox - 30M

PS2 - 160M

360 - 85M

PS3 - 86M

PS4 - 15M

360 - 8M 

Plus a PSP at 83M. 

After this generation is over Sony will be even more successful in the console business. 

Around the Network

So much wrong with thread title and the extrapolation/insinuation in relation to the misleading thread title.

Just a little bit of grown up insight into this revelation. For the last 3 weeks amazon/retailers have been directing people to the AC bundle as the default SKU so i wouldnt put much weight into it being the "only" SKU available.

I mean, based on online retailers the One has been cleaning the PS4 clock all month, getting in a tizzy about it (again) somewhat confuses me.

It must be horribly exhausting the way people get so worked up based on such fast moving, largely unable to quantify numbers. It is like the weekly charts here on steroids. Just wait a few weeks for the reality of NPD.

And I am sure I will get moderated/banned for saying this (again) but it is borderline irresponsible for people with site credentials to post these ridiculous threads (implying MSFT has shipped and sold 10 million consoles) and only perpetuates this websites reputation problem.

steverhcp02 said:
So much wrong with thread title and the extrapolation/insinuation in relation to the misleading thread title.

Just a little bit of grown up insight into this revelation. For the last 3 weeks amazon/retailers have been directing people to the AC bundle as the default SKU so i wouldnt put much weight into it being the "only" SKU available.

I mean, based on online retailers the One has been cleaning the PS4 clock all month, getting in a tizzy about it (again) somewhat confuses me.

It must be horribly exhausting the way people get so worked up based on such fast moving, largely unable to quantify numbers. It is like the weekly charts here on steroids. Just wait a few weeks for the reality of NPD.

And I am sure I will get moderated/banned for saying this (again) but it is borderline irresponsible for people with site credentials to post these ridiculous threads (implying MSFT has shipped and sold 10 million consoles) and only perpetuates this websites reputation problem.

To be fair. They said over 10m shipped
They just used the word soon. And today it's 16 days after that annoucement

Safe to say the price cuts are working?

This momentum will surely carry over next month and sometime around 2015 the X1 will be the leading console in the US and it won't look back. /no1

Around the Network
tiffac said:
This momentum will surely carry over next month and sometime around 2015 the X1 will be the leading console in the US and it won't look back. /no1

I'm not sure if it will beat the PS4 in the US  but competition could be a lot more fierce if it holds momentum.

Seece said:
Carl2291 said:
Hold on, where did they announce that they shipped 10 Million?

"Close to ect" you know what I mean!

Except not everyone has seen the 10 million shipped NON-announcement to know that you actually mean Xb one has not yet confirmed 10 million shipped.  

And of course it's not out of stock everywhere when the base sku (AC U bundle) is still in stock in plenty of places. And for brick and mortar retailers (Walmart and Target) there is absolutely no way they are out of stock instore BEFORE BF even begins. So out of stock online =/= actually out of stock.

And this is only in the USA, when there are obviously many hundreds of thousands of units in stock in the 49 other countries where the Xb one is available.

So this thread really should be:

Xb one not yet confirmed as shipped 10 million and it is in stock everywhere except a handful of US online storefronts of brick and mortar retailers. Which, is more or less the exact opposite of the intent of the thread.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Leadified said:
tiffac said:

I'm not sure if it will beat the PS4 in the US  but competition could be a lot more fierce if it holds momentum.

Well it could, unless the outcome ends up pretty close this holiday then that would be like a tie and the bar won't move at all but I expect domination from the X1. The US is a big market (understatement. lol!) that is swinging towards the X1 favor. That 360 install base cannot be taken for granted. :)

tiffac said:
Leadified said:

Well it could, unless the outcome ends up pretty close this holiday then that would be like a tie and the bar won't move at all but I expect domination from the X1. The US is a big market (understatement. lol!) that is swinging towards the X1 favor. That 360 install base cannot be taken for granted. :)

I'm not sure if the 360 will really have that much of an impact on XBO sales. Xbox has always been pretty big in America and the dominate brand has shifted quite a few times too. The PS4 is still holding it's ground despite all the bundles and pricecuts the XBO has had lately.

Good job Xbox, selling really well.