By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 22nd of November 2014

bouzane said:

Why does it matter if other people agree with you or not? I have the same options available to me when PC gaming (right down to the exact same controller) and nothing is going to change that.

FACT: PCs can be connected to HD TVs
FACT: PCs can be played using wireless controllers
FACT: PCs can be used in your living room from the confort of your couch

Your personal opinions / experiences do not change any of this. I'm really not understanding why this is so difficult.

Nate4Drake stated that "I will still prefer to play PS4 at 1080p in my living room on a comfortable sofa in front of my Samsung 55''."
and I responded that you can (and many already do) enjoy PC games in the exact same manner. My statement was factual and I'm confused why you keep talking about how most people choose to keep their PCs in seperate rooms. The preference of the average person has no baring on the fact that there is nothing stopping you from using your PC in your living room.

1. You start off by saying this.
  2. then you still continue to say everything else.
Especially strange when everything you are saying can be linked to a response in which someone specifically described how he would prefer to play his games. 
Anyways, I just don't get why every single thread these days has to become about how much better and nicer and cheaper and free PCs are. I mean we get it, you guys like your versatile PCs. Is it that you guys think or assume that every single person that buys a console do so cause they have never bought a PC/laptop before? Couldn't theer just be an off chance that people bvuy and use consoles because they just prefer it and are more comfortable with it?

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
bouzane said:

Why does it matter if other people agree with you or not? I have the same options available to me when PC gaming (right down to the exact same controller) and nothing is going to change that.

FACT: PCs can be connected to HD TVs
FACT: PCs can be played using wireless controllers
FACT: PCs can be used in your living room from the confort of your couch

Your personal opinions / experiences do not change any of this. I'm really not understanding why this is so difficult.

Nate4Drake stated that "I will still prefer to play PS4 at 1080p in my living room on a comfortable sofa in front of my Samsung 55''."
and I responded that you can (and many already do) enjoy PC games in the exact same manner. My statement was factual and I'm confused why you keep talking about how most people choose to keep their PCs in seperate rooms. The preference of the average person has no baring on the fact that there is nothing stopping you from using your PC in your living room.

1. You start off by saying this.
  2. then you still continue to say everything else.
Especially strange when everything you are saying can be linked to a response in which someone specifically described how he would prefer to play his games. 
Anyways, I just don't get why every single thread these days has to become about how much better and nicer and cheaper and free PCs are. I mean we get it, you guys like your versatile PCs. Is it that you guys think or assume that every single person that buys a console do so cause they have never bought a PC/laptop before? Couldn't theer just be an off chance that people bvuy and use consoles because they just prefer it and are more comfortable with it?

I responded by stating that you can enjoy your PC in the exact same way. That was the entirety of our discussion.
Aerys responded with several tangential or entirely unrelated posts about having to move PCs, his personal situation and the gaming preferences of the majority (without any actual evidence to back up that last claim).

I don't know why a clown car of PC opponents has to roll up and take turns defending consoles or detracting from PCs everytime I make a simple statement about the similarities between the two. Nate4Drake acted as if you can not enjoy your PC in the comfort of your living room and I pointed out that you can, that is all. Approximately the same cost, the same TV, the same controller, the same couch and many of the same games. That's all I'm saying. I don't understand why the console defense force has to show up everytime I point this out.

bouzane said:

I don't know why a clown car of PC opponents has to roll up and take turns defending consoles or detracting from PCs everytime I make a simple statement about the similarities between the two. Nate4Drake acted as if you can not enjoy your PC in the comfort of your living room and I pointed out that you can, that is all. Approximately the same cost, the same TV, the same controller, the same couch and many of the same games. That's all I'm saying. I don't understand why the console defense force has to show up everytime I point this out.

"the console defense force" (way to go about having a clean conversation) keeps coming out when Pc people find every way possible to bring in PCs in every single console discussion. Something led to him saying he preferred playing his console on his Tv right? I am sure if we track the posts back to the origin, its always a PC guy saying something that will entice some sort of response then the rest of you will just stroll in with all your "facts".

How about this, if someone said he prefers plugging in his PC to a 1080p tv, would you feel the need and obligation to point out the "fact" that you can do the exact same thing with a console? Or if someone says he likes plugging in his XB1, should we all go and tell him how silly he is cause he could have got a PS4 with the same amount of money or less?

All I am saying, is that PC gamers have a way of making every single thread on this forum about PCs. Like they just find their way into it somehow. Thats why we are talking about PCs in a console sales thread... shocking isn't it? You say this happens everytime you state these facts of yours right? well could it be that we are aware of the facts? we hear you loud and clear, you don't need to keep telling us.

Intrinsic said:
bouzane said:

"the console defense force" (way to go about having a clean conversation) keeps coming out when Pc people find every way possible to bring in PCs in every single console discussion. Something led to him saying he preferred playing his console on his Tv right? I am sure if we track the posts back to the origin, its always a PC guy saying something that will entice some sort of response then the rest of you will just stroll in with all your "facts".

How about this, if someone said he prefers plugging in his PC to a 1080p tv, would you feel the need and obligation to point out the "fact" that you can do the exact same thing with a console? Or if someone says he likes plugging in his XB1, should we all go and tell him how silly he is cause he could have got a PS4 with the same amount of money or less?

All I am saying, is that PC gamers have a way of making every single thread on this forum about PCs. Like they just find their way into it somehow. Thats why we are talking about PCs in a console sales thread... shocking isn't it? You say this happens everytime you state these facts of yours right? well could it be that we are aware of the facts? we hear you loud and clear, you don't need to keep telling us.

The really funny thing out of all of this?  It was Nate4drake who first mentioned PC in the first place. So really you should be bitching at him for bringing it up.

Intrinsic said:
bouzane said:

Nate4Drake implied that being able to use his console in his living room is an advantage over PC. I pointed out the that there is no difference between the two in this case and that no such advantage actually exists. That is all. Beyond that all I did was respond to Aerys's nonsense about non-existant hassles and unrelated preferences. All I wanted to do was point out a simple fact, that is all. The original poster Nate4Drake never made any further comments on the matter and I made my initial point several pages ago. I never wanted to discuss PC gaming at any length here for the simple fact that it was unrelated to the original post but I just couldn't resist replying to Aerys's nonsense. It's painfully obvious to me that I should have ignored Aerys all along. Anyway, I am done because I really don't understand the point of "discussing" anything here.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:

The really funny thing out of all of this?  It was Nate4drake who first mentioned PC in the first place. So really you should be bitching at him for bringing it up.

Nope, you are wrong. 

Samus was the one that started all this with some silly rant about not understanding why consoles sell so well. Some one replied him with a list of games, and his reply was if all those games aren't also on the PC. Thats what Nate4drake was replying to.

As I said, these things are never satrted by console ppl. I don't care much about PC guys talking about PC stuff in a PC thread, but its how or why they somehow make every console thread become a PC thread that is annoying. It generally kills any kinda contructive thread development and the threads pretty much become this. I have seen it happen too many times. 

OMG the PS4 is a beast, those Europe numbers :O just imagine when Gran Turismo 7 is released :O

I wish I was exceedingly wealthy, I would do things to piss off all members of the gaming community. Hook up GTX 980 in SLI, 64GB ram 2TB SSD, Intel Core i7-5960X and 11" B&W CRT monitor

PS4 as a PS1 emulator

Oh the reactions

Those Xbone sales are insane, and PS4 is just mind boggling! How far can they go? For how long will they keep it up. We could see M$ past 10mil and PS4 past 20mil by the end of this.

I own a console for the exclusive games. If not for the exclusives I would only use PC, and in consequence I would game much less.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix