By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Angry Chinese Xbox Gamers Accuse Microsoft of False Advertising

endimion said:
How about they start bitching against the true issue here the government... And do like any other country did at some point and revolt??? I mean 1.3 billion even if 1% revolt it'd took less than a day to obliterate the party...

Revolt because of a game console?

You could just buy a gray market console you know, cheaper, no restrictions.
The only thing the official has over the grey market is the promised HD streaming service, which is absent.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
endimion said:
How about they start bitching against the true issue here the government... And do like any other country did at some point and revolt??? I mean 1.3 billion even if 1% revolt it'd took less than a day to obliterate the party...

The only thing the official has over the grey market is the promised HD streaming service, which is absent.

And several other benefits like cheaper games, free gold and half a year premier leauge. Just the console itself is so horrible expensive
But it clearly sucks, if they promise 2 free movies each month and don't have it available...

China is a huge market, MS needs to be a lot more careful before they have a lawsuit opn their hands and alienate a ton of potential customers in a new region.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

SvennoJ said:
endimion said:

so much misinformation in this post.

Maybe you didn't see, but a chinese vendor came out the other day and said ps4 was much more popular than xb1.

Secondly, gray market is more expensive.

People should bitch at BesTV, the distributor and responsible for the software content in China.
They're owned by government, if they complain about anything...

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
SvennoJ said:
endimion said:

Maybe you didn't see, but a chinese vendor came out the other day and said ps4 was much more popular than xb1.

Maybe Eurogamer is wrong, wouldn't be the first time
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-05-will-xbox-one-succeed-in-china

The system itself costs ¥4299 RMB (£442) with Kinect, and without ¥3699 RMB (£380). This compares to ¥3600 RMB for a grey market PS4.
It doesn't say the price of a gray market xbox one though.

Games may be cheaper, yet there are only 10 available, digital only.

endimion said:

They should be blaming the government.  More than likely, all of these issues stem from not being able to sell their products the way they want.  THe Chinese goverment is overly involved in every item brought to market there.  THey control everything.

It is near the end of the end....

Shouldn't this be in the 'I hate M$' section? :p

Blood_Tears must be having the best day evah with this crap and a 243k lead showing Nov 22nd for his Godstation4. Enjoy.

So much for any hope of profit from the Chinese venture. Nothing like negotiating from a position of impending doom. I can imagine BesTV just twisting the old thumbscrews. Muahahahaha! Who allowed advertising to start before the deal was signed? Moron(s).

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

SvennoJ said:
theprof00 said:
SvennoJ said:
endimion said:

Maybe Eurogamer is wrong, wouldn't be the first time
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-05-will-xbox-one-succeed-in-china

The system itself costs ¥4299 RMB (£442) with Kinect, and without ¥3699 RMB (£380). This compares to ¥3600 RMB for a grey market PS4.
It doesn't say the price of a gray market xbox one though.

Games may be cheaper, yet there are only 10 available, digital only.

3600 is for ps4.

But yeah, that's the article.
"What's more, according to all the shopkeepers interviewed, the PS4 still appears to be vastly more popular than the Xbox One.

"The PS4 is the most popular now. But before, the Xbox 360 was more popular than the PS3 because you could download games for free", says Huo Lei."

RenCutypoison said:
DialgaMarine said:
RenCutypoison said:
Tier 2 countries #MSCares

More seriously that's a really bad way to start in a new market, but they have no competition and I guess dealing with domestic Chinese companies is rather hard.

No competition? PS4 says hi?

PS4 says AFK.

It is not yet released in china as far as i know.

But it will be out by year's end.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon