By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Boss: "You Will See JRPGs On Xbox One"

Augen said:
How many JRPGs were released on the 360 in 2012, 2013 and 2014

The only one that comes to my mind is Dark Souls 2. And I'm still waiting for The Stranger in Alda, which supposedly was due to release in 360 and Vita in 2014.

Around the Network
Augen said:
How many JRPGs were released on the 360 in 2012, 2013 and 2014?

Obviously we know Square Enix backs Xbox, but outside of that be surprised to see anyone else do so. Especially as a high profile exclusive like a "Tales of" game again.

Baba has made it clear he doesnt want to make the mistake of changing consoles over and over like he did last gen (360 then Wii the PS3)

So i would pressume they will be PS4 exclusives after Zestiria.

Wright said:
Augen said:
How many JRPGs were released on the 360 in 2012, 2013 and 2014

The only one that comes to my mind is Dark Souls 2. And I'm still waiting for The Stranger in Alda, which supposedly was due to release in 360 and Vita in 2014.

FFXIII-2 and LR FFXIII were on 360 in those 3 years... although again thats SQEX who are big enough to support both consoles and make money on both.

It would probably take some $$$ to put some 3rd party JRPGs on the XB1 that aren't already there or coming.

ktay95 said:

FFXIII-2 and LR FFXIII were on 360 in those 3 years... although again thats SQEX who are big enough to support both consoles and make money on both.

True, forgot about those xD

Disgaea developer expressed interest in releasing a Disgaea collection on 360, but that only remained as words.

Around the Network
Wright said:
ktay95 said:

True, forgot about those xD

Disgaea developer expressed interest in releasing a Disgaea collection on 360, but that only remained as words.

That would have been awesome for Xbox gamers, Disgaea is one of those series that makes me love being a PS owner each gen. Its small Japanese 3rd parties like that that sell me on PS, not Sony's 1st parties.

ktay95 said:

That would have been awesome for Xbox gamers, Disgaea is one of those series that makes me love being a PS owner each gen. Its small Japanese 3rd parties like that that sell me on PS, not Sony's 1st parties.

I think it's already too late to do such collection for 360. And Stranger in Alda is probably cancelled at this point or only the Vita version will remain, me thinks, to my disgrace :(

I doubt Spencer would say " no, we will have almost no exclusive JRPG sorry "

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

ktay95 said:

It is a mix to me, but those Japanese third parties make a huge difference as Disgaea 5 is as big as Uncharted 4 for my interests in a console.

Wright said:
ktay95 said:

I think it's already too late to do such collection for 360. And Stranger in Alda is probably cancelled at this point or only the Vita version will remain, me thinks, to my disgrace :(

The 360 version is out in Japan and the Vita version will be released next year. Doubt either will be localised though due to the way both consoles are selling now. 360 is very much dying in the west and JRPGs never did well on it and even Vita is dying this early on sadly.