By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 11 million by 3/31/08 doesnt seem so hard now!

^ Ok do it, no one would care actually.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Naraku_Diabolos said:

11 shipped to stores.
14.75 bought by consumers.

... whu?

zackblue said:
Though it is almost likely that the PS3 will reach 11 million by the end of march(sold to consumers), sony stated that they planned to sell(to retail) 11 million PS3's from march of last year to this march, which is not possible at this pace.

This.

CrazzyMan said:
Oh really? =))
Myabe we should revive some thread, when some people were stating, that 11 mln. is impossible for ps3, neither ~14 mln. shipped. =))

We're talking fiscal year as far as I know. 11 impossible for fiscal year, much less 14 million. LTD 11 million, yes. Fiscal year, no.

And Naraku, you have more bought by customers than shipped...? 

Grr ignorance. 11 million shipped in Fiscal year 2008. Meaning that you have to add how much was shipped in fiscal year 2007. Meaning they'll need around 14.5 million if I remember correctly to hit that goal. And this is shipments not sales.

Now if I remember correctly Sony dropped that number to 9.5 million in their last report meaning that they knew they couldn't hit it.

No chance of the 11 million happening, but then again we all knew that when the announcement was made!

11 million being sold LTD however is totally going to happen :D

Around the Network

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 07th Apr 2007 to 01st Mar 2008:

ConsolePS3
Total

Only 3.5 Million units to go in the next 4 weeks; if they average 900,000 per week they should make it ...

HappySqurriel said:

ConsolePS3
Total

Only 3.5 Million units to go in the next 4 weeks; if they average 900,000 per week they should make it ...

They revised it down to 9.5M, so it's actually only 1.8M in 1 month and it's SHIPPED to retail, not sold to consumers. I'm pretty sure they making their number since we all know VGC under tracks the PS3 ;)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

krik said:
HappySqurriel said:

ConsolePS3
Total

They revised it down to 9.5M, so it's actually only 1.8M in 1 month and it's SHIPPED to retail, not sold to consumers. I'm pretty sure they making their number since we all know VGC under tracks the PS3 ;)

Being that Retailer inventory should be some (somewhat) constant level then so the number of systems shipped should be roughly equal to the number of systems sold over a given timeframe; certainly, after the European launch they may need to ship a couple hundred thousand extra units to build up inventory but they shouldn't be shipping that many more than they sold to consumers.

Does anyone know when Sony releases their fiscal year data for the date ending march31. Then we will find out just how many they were able to sell.

krik said:
HappySqurriel said:

ConsolePS3
Total

You know Vgchartz MAY have undertracked it, but the numbers were changed, just so you know PS3 has seen an increase of 60000 units right now on the front page from 10.46 to 10.52 millions (it was at 10.36 before european numbers arrived), for apparently no reason, so if PS3 was undertracked, the numbers are getting corrected.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies