By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When will Ps3 pass Wii in weekly sales??

you people are gonna eat your words soon. you cant say for a fact that its NEVER gonna happen based on how is selling now. they didnt even drop the price yet, yes we all know the wii sells like crazy, thats only because it so cheap and parents buy it  for ther kids. thats it there is no other reson, when the ps3 drops its price to mass market then it will start outselling the wii. mark my words.

Around the Network

and people need to stop saying the wii is suply constrained, no its not. how hard is it to make aconsole like the wii?,its been out for a year in a half. there doing that on purpose, but we need to ask ourselfs this!..... is nintendo going to keep this up  for the rest of the generation? and when the do stop playing games then were really gonna see how well it REALLY sells.

When the Wii is $99 and the PS3 is $149... about 6 months after that point in time.

I'm guessing December 2013.

saprano1 said:
and people need to stop saying the wii is suply constrained, no its not. how hard is it to make aconsole like the wii?,its been out for a year in a half. there doing that on purpose, but we need to ask ourselfs this! is nintendo going to keep this up for the rest of the generation? and when the do stop playing games then were really gonna see how well it REALLY sells.

Let me see... I have people at work who are looking for Wii's but can't find them.  They're not in stock at any of the stores here in this part of Ohio (South West).  Where do you live?  Next to a Nintendo factory??

Exacly! you just proved my point,nintendo is holding on to them on purpose, to keep the demand up..........it really is a smart move but, lets see how long they keep this up.........go nintendo!

Around the Network

PS3 already passed Wii in weekly worldwide sales during its European launch.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

LOL WOW! like i said, becareful what you guys say.

saprano1 said:
and people need to stop saying the wii is suply constrained, no its not. how hard is it to make aconsole like the wii?,its been out for a year in a half. there doing that on purpose, but we need to ask ourselfs this!..... is nintendo going to keep this up  for the rest of the generation? and when the do stop playing games then were really gonna see how well it REALLY sells.

Come on man you have to know the Wii is supply constrained, I mean just look around you! Have you ever seen a Wii on store shelves for more than 1 hour? Unless you live in Europe maybe, but even so, everyone knows Wii has supply issues in the US.. And why would nintendo purposely rob themselves of the extra millions of consoles they could be selling? I don't see how ANYONE could still believe that Nintendo is somehow trying to purposely hold back supply to create false demand.

supermario128 said:
LOL, never when Nintendo amps production, until then it might pass it when the Wii is out of stock.

They will never do that, they arent that dumb.

What none of you ever wondered why they havent met demand ? why no new factory to produce more.

Theu know wii is NOT a long term console.