By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Smash U Ratings looking good!

Smash U reviews up!

Yay 77 86.52%

Great ratings, but not what I expected 6 6.74%

still time to change 4 4.49%

no hope 2 2.25%

Total:89
Ka-pi96 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
sc94597 said:
I was in GameStop today looking at used 3DS games and a bunch of brogamers (this is in the college area of the city) came and preordered a few copies of the game, and a few were trying to decide whether or not they want to buy their new Wii U there or elsewhere. One or two of them talked about buying refurbished from Nintendo. I can definitely see this game being a system seller to that demographic.

I know 6 people buying a wii u for smash too

so I think it is a system seller

I don't think that was ever in doubt. The question is how many will it sell though.

It should give a good boost in america

if vgchartz is hopefully correct or under it(knowing me its probably overtracked or something)

then I expect a 100k+ week in america and that will grow a lot the week after due to black friday

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Around the Network

OK guys I'm not saying this is gonna sell because of good ratings. I just stated in general Wii U's fortunes will turn due to this game

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

DarkRPGamer007 said:
OK guys I'm not saying this is gonna sell because of good ratings. I just stated in general Wii U's fortunes will turn due to this game

They won't tho. It'll be up YOY but that doesn't ean its fortunes will turn. When it has a sustained baseline above 100k throughout the year is when WiiU is out of the woods.

The reviews will do little to help the Wii U.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Seece said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:

They won't tho. It'll be up YOY but that doesn't ean its fortunes will turn. When it has a sustained baseline above 100k throughout the year is when WiiU is out of the woods.

Decrease it,not even xbone had/will have a sustained baseline above 100k for the whole year...:P

Around the Network
tak13 said:
Seece said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:

Decrease it,not even xbone had/will have a sustained baseline above 100k for the whole year...:P

Didn't say XB1 was out of the woods either, if MS want to maintain these sales (and 100k weekly next year) they need to continue to fight PS4 else they'll just slip down.

I'm more optimistic about that (XB1 > 100k) happening though.

That's great and all but we heard the "revolution" plenty of times. IT will do great for a good jump in sales but I don't expect it to remain above 70k weekly after a month or two.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Seece said:
tak13 said:
Seece said:

Didn't say XB1 was out of the woods either, if MS want to maintain these sales (and 100k weekly next year) they need to continue to fight PS4 else they'll just slip down.

With all the exclusive games anounced for next year for the wii u and the lack of games anounced for the x1 and an increase of price for it, I got to say that I think the contrary.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Seece said:
tak13 said:
Seece said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:

Its gonna go down quite a bit when it heads back to $400

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Ka-pi96 said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:

According to http://www.gamerankings.com/wii-u/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/index.html, Smash Wii U currently stands at a 92% but the number will probably climb once more reviewers get their hands on it. Also metacritic has it listed as a 94.

Currently stands on gamerankings it stands as the second highest rated Smash (next to Brawl) and the top on metacritic! I think this is great news! Wii U about to have a huge revolution like never seen before, just you all wait!

Like the Super Mario 3D World one? No? The Mario Kart 8 one then? No?

Is mario or Mario Kart one of esports biggest title?

Does Mario Kart have a  bigger audience than StreetFighter? (livestream viewers)

So what he says is not really wrong. Just the way you interpret it :) (You talk about sales he might not xD)

To me having 8 player smash tournaments is revolutionary for Smash, WiiU and the fighting community.