By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does GTA 5's Sex With Prostitutes In First Person Promote Rape Culture? Does it go too far?

Ok so you agree with me, that's good.

I don't think i said anything about rape culture, but as you're asking Idk.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

WTF is wrong with some peole? You don't become a rapist from a video game. You need that special "fucked up in the head" as well...

I'm just proud of GTA because it's one of the few pop culture treasures to actually be controversial for more than one generation. Think about it. That's pretty bad ass.

I Know but it happens. So the best way would be not to include fucking (would it be so Hard).

markodeniro said:

I Know but it happens. So the best way would be not to include fucking (would it be so Hard).

so basically we should censor a game for adults?

I've always found things like prostitutes in games really distasteful but I guess its freedom of expression coming RS

In terms of it being viewable in 1st person, I don't think changes the context or meaning. If people were fine with it before, they should be fine with it now.

Around the Network

I always thought that prostitutes are extremely anti woman. They probably hate all women and are just doing it to hurt the feminists.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

1ST question I have is: What is "rape culture"?
2nd: not another one of these SJW type articles
3rd: this site is getting it both ways by 1, putting the clip I. Question for all to see and get traffics , then to turn around and question weather or not "society" and gamers are promoting something called rape culture-
Wow these guys are too much

If anyone playing any video game does not understand that it is a fantasy ( good or bad fantasy) vehicle for entertainment much like other forms of media entertainment them they should not be playing the games to begin with which is a separate issue

rape culture is a figment of the imagination of SJW nutjobs and 3rd wave feminists

It's interesting how on one hand folks argue that violence in videogames has no effect on how violent a person is, and then argue that sexism in games is tremendously influential

Rape is a part of every human society because it is a natural instinct. Blaming the media is quite a stretch.

What the hell????

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850