By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - best fighting game (that you've actually played)

I had Mortal Kombat II for Game Boy! I hated it. Not enough buttons. Didn't stop me from playing it until my fingers bled whenever I was stuck in the back seat of a car for a long period of time though.

Around the Network

In roughly this order of greatness:

Soul Calibur II (GC)
Tekken 3 (PS1)
Killer Instinct (SNES)
Mortal Kombat II (SNES, although I believe MK3 may have had more fair AI)
Weaponlord (SNES -- the only one of these I never owned)

Never been a fan of King of the Fighters, not big on Street Fighter, although during the 16-bit era, I was pretty big on fighting games, including TMNT: Tournament Fighters, Primal Rage, Super Street Fighter II, and the rest of the Mortal Kombats of the era. Mace: The Dark Age was the only fighting game I bought for the N64.

Overall its Melee, but thats out of the normal realm of fighters.

MVC2 is king with shout outs to both Last Blade and Most of the Samurai Showdowns.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Real fighting games - Tekken, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I hate fighters, it's always been a genre of games I've disliked since Double Dragon in the arcades.
Having said that, Super Smash Brothers Melee would be in my top 10 games ever and the only fighter I've enjoyed playing.

Around the Network

Bah, gotta say Melee just on the fact that I suck at all other fighting games. (brawl in 5 more days though, woo)

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

Words Of Wisdom said:
GiggityNinja said:

... I've personally never played this game or any of the series, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned Mortal Kombat...

Mortal Kombat was really great when it first came out. MK2 was okay, but MK3 was... disappointing to a lot of people. The franchise never really came back as a strong contender IMO.

Killer Instinct also stole some of Mortal Combat's thunder.

No one has mentioned ClayFighter either...

too true. i shall mention clay fighter. while it's graphics and gameplay have probably aged poorly, it gave its all back in the day.

still one of the greatest collections of characters ever. the 3rd game features cameos from earthworm jim and boogerman to go along with regulars like bad mr frosty and ickybod clay.

sweet.

I have decided and I will have to go for DoA series.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Kof 98 99
Street firghter 3rd strike
tekken dark ressurection

Last Blade 2, Garou Mark of the Wolves and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

EDIT: I see nobody mentioned Treasure fighting games so I'll do it

Yu Yu Hakusho for Genesis and Bleach's fighting games for Nintendo DS.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.