By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if...GTAV was on wii U last year?

Conina said:
jonathanalis said:

Another what if thread.

What if Nintendo had made a deal with Rockstar for GTAV on wii U, but like this:

-Release in the same day as PS3 and X360.(or even earlier, if MS let it)

-A 300$ GTAV Wii U bundle.

-With exclusive first person mode first on wii U, (but still not on PS3 and X360). (I see people saying that it is a selling point)

-Some more exclusivities, like a pikachu car, view from GTA1 on gamepad, an other ninty related exclusive content.

GTA V preinstalled (using up ~20 GB of the available memory) and bound to the hardware or as disc version (with a mandatory install of ~10 GB for seamless open world streaming)?

Or is the optical drive of the WiiU fast enough? Has Watch Dogs on WiiU a mandatory (or optional) install?

the disck version with 10GB preinstalled seems better. of course with a 32GB wii U.

but white wii U owners would have to buy an HDD. But nintendo said that the vast majority of wii U owners own a 32GB wii U...

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:

but white wii U owners would have to buy an HDD.

That's racist. ;)

Just kidding.

it would have had a similar effect as Blops 2 on Wii U.

And seriously R* are not going to bend over backwards to provide content on a platform that has a seriously low install base and will not sell anywhere near what it will on PS360. That's like giving the big middle finger to MS AND Sony who have been your cash cows for several of your games during the 7th gen and sucking up to a company that has contributed almost nothing to your profitability in the last 8 years. 2.28 million of games sales for Rockstar on Wii for the entire 7th generation.

The amount Ninty would have to pay R* to get such special treatment would be astronomical, since R* can fully afford to alienate Ninty OR force them to pay through the nose for any exclusive content. Ninty is literally an irrelevance to R*.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

then nintendo gamers wouldnt have bought it and blamed that fact on the game instead of thier picky tastes.
same thing they do every night, pinky.

Rockstar wouldn't even accept this deal

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
Conina said:
jonathanalis said:

but white wii U owners would have to buy an HDD.

That's racist. ;)

Just kidding.

is capacity tied to color in eu/us?  my wiiu is white but is the 32gb premium ver

I don't know how GTA V Wii U Edition would have done in terms of sales.

But I do know that the exclusive First Person Mode you talked about would have enraged a lot of people from the PS3/X360 crowd lol

jonathanalis said:
Pavolink said:
75k-80k more at Wii U LTD software numbers.

dont know if you are trolling, but if even AC, batman and CoD manage to sell 200k on wii U. why not GTAV? it is way much bigger seller than them. and if we count the exclusive features, bundles, etc and well marketed, it could easily reach more than a million, in my opinion.

GTAV also moved lots of consoles, lots bought a PS360 only for playing GTAV. With a better version and bundle it could move hardware too.

Not much difference. GTA audience is not on Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile