By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - People Are Scamming Walmart With Bogus Cheap PS4 Listings

DonFerrari said:
So many people commits crime without bothering. What kind of things common folk would do if they were sure there wouldn't be any bad consequences for him?

Scamming a group that is a destructive force on the American economic landscape is almost a noble thing. Not like these folks are ripping off Costco.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
DonFerrari said:
So many people commits crime without bothering. What kind of things common folk would do if they were sure there wouldn't be any bad consequences for him?

Scamming a group that is a destructive force on the American economic landscape is almost a noble thing. Not like these folks are ripping off Costco.

To have a mod agreeing with a crime because it is against a big corporation isn't a good thing. Customers can avoid, retaliate, prosecute. Stores can also put lawsuits against them for predatory competition.

Commiting a crime isn't noble even more when the person is doing that just for self benefit.

So should we just start robbing banks or MS because they have a lot of money?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Mr Khan said:
DonFerrari said:

To have a mod agreeing with a crime because it is against a big corporation isn't a good thing. Customers can avoid, retaliate, prosecute. Stores can also put lawsuits against them for predatory competition.

Commiting a crime isn't noble even more when the person is doing that just for self benefit.

We're not talking about banks, we're talking about "we pay our workers so little that we ask our customers to donate Thanksgiving meals for them" Walmart.

Although some banks could do with a little aggressive liquidation. Not all, but some.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

super_etecoon said:
Lafiel said:
super_etecoon said:
Does Walmart pay for the product in full before they receive it from Sony?

no, afaik these big retailers usually pay 30-60 days after they received a shipment (I think I read Amazon even increased that to 72 days)

So I'm assuming that Walmart will transfer those "savings" on to Sony...thereby hurting Sony, and not Walmart, in the process.

Obviously not. It's Walmart's policy, not Sony's. Sony can't just go following every sellers individual policies.

The price matching may not be wrong but I think at least here in Germany, creating bogus baiting sales like that on Amazon is illegal.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
DonFerrari said:
Mr Khan said:
DonFerrari said:

We're not talking about banks, we're talking about "we pay our workers so little that we ask our customers to donate Thanksgiving meals for them" Walmart.

Although some banks could do with a little aggressive liquidation. Not all, but some.

A crime is a crime... and I bet the wage isn't against law because if they were them they would be sued...

And of course no one is obligated to work at wallmart.

Maybe someone should assault your house if you pay your handmaid less than someone else thinks you should, and of course that someone wouldn't pay it if it was from his pocket.

But yes keep pushing the evil corporation agenda... maybe all their employees would love to be jobless with this evil corporation going under.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

WHY CAN'T THAT BE MEEE! MAN! A PS4 for 89.99. Kinda stupid for putting the images online though. But what if this wasn't done intentionally? What if this was someone who loves to price match and they found this? Important questions...

Ljink96 said:

WHY CAN'T THAT BE MEEE! MAN! A PS4 for 89.99. Kinda stupid for putting the images online though. But what if this wasn't done intentionally? What if this was someone who loves to price match and they found this? Important questions...

you wouldn't suspect a product with MRP 400,00 with no announced price cut being sold by 50-90 dollars even though it is selling really well already.

Price Matching will be history if this gets out of hand. Fuckin' people ruining it for the rest of us.

DonFerrari said:
Ljink96 said:

you wouldn't suspect a product with MRP 400,00 with no announced price cut being sold by 50-90 dollars even though it is selling really well already.

Yeah, know that. But people have been getting away with it so someone doesn't know! HA!