By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LittleBigPlanet 3 Reviews Coming In! [MetaScore:79 out of 23 Reviews]

Looks like a lot of fun much like the first two and Vita entry. I'll get this once backlog is worked down.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:

You admit that you don't know and yet you made your claims earlier. That's not a smart thing to do and it only increases my suspicion of whether your arguments hold water. You just cannot make such hasty conclusions like that. That's why I said you should know better.

As for the second bolded, of course it costs more money. A single cent more will count as "more money". And with the example I provided above, it would not cost that much more anyways. Just a few sentences that are to the point and easy peasy. Just like that.

This is quickly turning from a discussion to an argument, so this will be my last post.  I feel like I have made some great points in defense of IGN posting their review before getting the day 1 patch, and it feels (to me) like you are being very biased because you wanted your game to perform better.  If you like that game then great, buy it, enjoy it.  And if you are sad because you feel that these reviews might hurt the sales, well, keep in mind that the ps4 is selling extremely well and so has every game that has come out for it, so you shouldn't be worried about lack of sales for LBP3.

I had other things to say about what you had just posted, but I feel that pointing out errors in someones post is very pointless, and will only turn a discussion into an argument quicker.

Good day.

Something...Something...Games...Something

JakDaSnack said:
Aura7541 said:

You admit that you don't know and yet you made your claims earlier. That's not a smart thing to do and it only increases my suspicion of whether your arguments hold water. You just cannot make such hasty conclusions like that. That's why I said you should know better.

As for the second bolded, of course it costs more money. A single cent more will count as "more money". And with the example I provided above, it would not cost that much more anyways. Just a few sentences that are to the point and easy peasy. Just like that.

This is quickly turning from a discussion to an argument, so this will be my last post.  I feel like I have made some great points in defense of IGN posting their review before getting the day 1 patch, and it feels (to me) like you are being very biased because you wanted your game to perform better.  If you like that game then great, buy it, enjoy it.  And if you are sad because you feel that these reviews might hurt the sales, well, keep in mind that the ps4 is selling extremely well and so has every game that has come out for it, so you shouldn't be worried about lack of sales for LBP3.

I had other things to say about what you had just posted, but I feel that pointing out errors in someones post is very pointless, and will only turn a discussion into an argument quicker.

Good day.

Again with making hasty assumptions and sadly, you've missed the point entirely. This is less of an issue of whether LBP3 scores well and whether its sales are affected by the reviews. This is a matter of integrity in journalists, and you're giving them too much credit and leeway. What you have also missed is that points weren't docked just for bugs (which were immediately fixed, mind you), sites took points off for lacking content. Some of them only went through the campaign and judged the game based on that. However, the LBP franchise is known for user-generated content. Heck, levels from previous games are compatable with LBP3, so "lacking content", as some sites have claimed, is far, far away from the truth.

As for the bugs, IGN isn't being consistent. Assassin's Creed: Unity suffered from even worse and more frequent bugs and yet, it scored a full point higher. There are several (hilarious) GIFs that show how bad AC: U's bugs are and not all of them are fixed yet! In contrast, LBP3's problems were fixed Day One with no hassle.

And back to the IGN review, it doesn't take that long to put an update on their review. All they gotta do is download the patch, see if the issues are solved, update their review with a few sentences or a small paragraph, and let readers know. It's that simple and doesn't take "hundreds of dollars" to do.

Aura7541 said:

Again with making hasty assumptions. This is less of an issue of whether LBP3 scores well and whether its sales are affected by the reviews. This is a matter of integrity in journalists. What you have also missed is that points weren't docked just for bugs (which were immediately fixed, mind you), sites took points off for lacking content. Some of them only went through the campaign and judged the game based on that. However, the LBP franchise is known for user-generated content. Heck, levels from previous games are compatable with LBP3, so "lacking content", as some sites have claimed, is far, far away from the truth.

As for the bugs, IGN isn't being consistent. Assassin's Creed: Unity suffered from even worse and more frequent bugs and yet, it scored a full point higher. There are several (hilarious) GIFs that show how bad AC: U's bugs are and not all of them are fixed yet! In contrast, LBP3's problems were fixed Day One with no hassle.

And back to the IGN review, it doesn't take that long to put an update on their review. All they gotta do is download the patch, see if the issues are solved, update their review with a few sentences or a small paragraph, and let readers know. It's that simple and doesn't take "hundreds of dollars" to do.

Can you really review a game on content that hasn't been made yet, or content that wasn't included with the game? Seems like a slippery slope that...

JakDaSnack said:
Aura7541 said:

It doesn't take that much energy to download a patch that came out day one. All it takes is a few minutes. Driveclub, on the other hard, took weeks for the online portiont to start functioning properly. Maybe there was a lack of communication where Sumo Digital didn't tell sites to download the day one patch before reviewing. Nonetheless, the reviews that dock LBP3 for having a lot of bugs don't give fair judgement because the bug-fixing patch was readily available and assessable.

The review was already written, they were just waiting for the embargo to lift.  Why should they have to download a patch and then play the game all over?  That makes no sense from a business stand point.  If they already played the game and wrote the review, there is no point for them to do that again.  From a business standpoint, they just paid a journalist probably hundreds dollars depending on how much that journalist makes, to write this review.  And now you are asking them to pay hundreds more because a new patch came out?  That makes 0 sense.

Oh yeah I forgot that reviewing games is all about business now and not giving an honest review to the people who make that business viable. 

Sadly gaming journalism has gone down the same route UBI, EA and Activision have. 

Around the Network
Blob said:
Aura7541 said:

Again with making hasty assumptions. This is less of an issue of whether LBP3 scores well and whether its sales are affected by the reviews. This is a matter of integrity in journalists. What you have also missed is that points weren't docked just for bugs (which were immediately fixed, mind you), sites took points off for lacking content. Some of them only went through the campaign and judged the game based on that. However, the LBP franchise is known for user-generated content. Heck, levels from previous games are compatable with LBP3, so "lacking content", as some sites have claimed, is far, far away from the truth.

Can you really review a game on content that hasn't been made yet, or content that wasn't included with the game? Seems like a slippery slope that...

What? LittleBigPlanet 1, 2, and Vita were out since forever... LBP3 is backwards compatible with all levels from previous games.

Kerotan said:

Oh yeah I forgot that reviewing games is all about business now and not giving an honest review to the people who make that business viable. 

Sadly gaming journalism has gone down the same route UBI, EA and Activision have. 

Yup, it's sad, but true.

Something...Something...Games...Something

Just dropped to 78.

Blob said:

Yes, of course. That's what LBP is all about.

The story levels are far more imaginitive and clever than any other LBP game and are about 6-7 hours long. The Popit Puzzles are new to the franchise and are about 5 hours long. But these are built purely and simply to give you a taster of what is possible and to give you all the ingredients to fullfil your OWN potential. Some people get it, some people don't. IGN got it with LBP2 (for some reason ignoring the bugs in that) but didn't get it with LBP3 (somehow docking points because of bugs). Someone who understands the franchise should have reviewed it, not someone completely ignorant of it.

This game is a 10/10 and SUMO should be commended, not forever tainted with the fact they created the lowest scoring LBP game to date. They've created the BEST LBP game to date.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
Blob said:

Yes, of course. That's what LBP is all about.

The story levels are far more imaginitive and clever than any other LBP game and are about 6-7 hours long. The Popit Puzzles are new to the franchise and are about 5 hours long. But these are built purely and simply to give you a taster of what is possible and to give you all the ingredients to fullfil your OWN potential. Some people get it, some people don't. IGN got it with LBP2 (for some reason ignoring the bugs in that) but didn't get it with LBP3 (somehow docking points because of bugs). Someone who understands the franchise should have reviewed it, not someone completely ignorant of it.

This game is a 10/10 and SUMO should be commended, not forever tainted with the fact they created the lowest scoring LBP game to date. They've created the BEST LBP game to date.

So using that logic every single LBP is 10/10 becuase of user created content?  They can only review whats on the disc, and as I and others have said, past games scores were likely inflated because the user created content tools were new. This score isn't that suprising really and getting pretty much 80 still means its a good game.

People are going to have to get used to the fact that reviewers arent throwing out 80+ to every game that comes their way, and I hope it stays that way.