By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Highest Rated 2014 Games (85+)! 16 Games Total. SSBU Breaking Expectations! Highest Game

Which Will Win Most GoTY Awards? (From This List)

LittleBigPlanet 3 14 3.76%

Mario Kart 8 27 7.26%

Dark Souls II 17 4.57%

Dragon Age: Inquisition 44 11.83%

Far Cry 4 13 3.49%

Super Smash Bros for WiiU 112 30.11%

Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft 1 0.27%

Bayonetta 2 114 30.65%

Divinity: Original Sin 1 0.27%

None of the Above 29 7.80%

Total:372

Far Cry 4 now an 86. Looks like we have to wait and see where it goes. LBP3 is most likely out with a current 79 for now

Around the Network

Titanfall > Bayonetta 2.

As simple as that.

Sharpryno said:
Titanfall > Bayonetta 2.

As simple as that.

Hmmmm..... Seems like many disagree^

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Nintendo Domination! Smash Bros will handily win GOTY on the interwebs with Bayo 2 as a close runner up!

I don't think smash bros has a chance. Bayo2 maybe, critics have a soft spot for that kind of game, but it would be a little sad to name GOTY a title that very few people have played or are interested in playing. Dragon Age is my pick, a deep cinematic rpg with a ton of contents.

askel50 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Nintendo Domination! Smash Bros will handily win GOTY on the interwebs with Bayo 2 as a close runner up!

I don't think smash bros has a chance. Bayo2 maybe, critics have a soft spot for that kind of game, but it would be a little sad to name GOTY a title that very few people have played or are interested in playing. Dragon Age is my pick, a deep cinematic rpg with a ton of contents.

Thats not fait, for B2. Just because nobody plays it doesn't mean its not worthy for GoTY. I mean if we base it on tht games that sell the highest should be GoTY no? :)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
askel50 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Thats not fait, for B2. Just because nobody plays it doesn't mean its not worthy for GoTY. I mean if we base it on tht games that sell the highest should be GoTY no? :)

I think it should be based on both. GOTY should be a critically acclaimed game but with decent sales. To name GOTY a niche title seems weird. It's like namig movie of the year an art house film. I mean gaming is entertainment, how many people like it is important.

askel50 said:
tbone51 said:
askel50 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

I think it should be based on both. GOTY should be a critically acclaimed game but with decent sales. To name GOTY a niche title seems weird. It's like namig movie of the year an art house film. I mean gaming is entertainment, how many people like it is important.

its not like Bayo2 is unheard of, sure its sales WW might only be around 230k-250k but thats not enough to not warrant it GoTY. Beside tis year has definitely been the worse in terms of highest rated almost ever. Its only 15 games (could change to 16/17) that have a score of over an 85, 2 games thats barely over a 90!!!

askel50 said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

Whaaaa!!! . The highest critically acclaimed games are the ones that usually receive the majority of GOTY wins. Given that Bayo 2 is the highest ratred last gen port above 90, it has a very good chance.  If Smash ends up being as good as it looks, we could see an easy 90-95 meta score, which enables it's chances even further. 

Dragon Age is good but not great.

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

the year was not bad,

critics just stopped to give everything high scores

Brotherstotheend said:
the year was not bad,

critics just stopped to give everything high scores

last gen = Biased confirmed :0