By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Comparing Ps4's first year exclusives vs Ps3

Sorry, PS3 had a better first year line up in my opinion. Again ports and indies dont count.

Though PS4 definitely had a better first year in terms of sales.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

Warhawk?

And I totally disagree w/ Second Son being the best inFamous. Even Ethomaz said it was the worst!

We should have some really swell guy list the first year exclusives (even if they became multi-plat later) for multiple generations of consoles. Maybe PS1 era to the present.  It would paint a clearer picture.

I'll give PS3 an edge because of Ratchet and Resistance. Insomniac was really at the top of their game at the start of last gen releasing two great games within a year of each other.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

PS3 lineup is crap, you say? From what I can see, the PS3 library is vastly superior...

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

you forgot Guilty Gear Xrd!

i played The Last of Us for the First Time on PS4 (despite owning a PS3 since 2007), so yeah there must be other people who might have done the same, BUT i think that it shouldnt count as a game for the PS4 launch lineup since its... well a PS3 game (its not a new game).

aside from that i really cant tell which console had the best lineup since i dont remember if the first Uncharted did come out on the PS3s first year, (i thought it came out some time after the first year but i could be wrong) but other than that looking back, the PS3 did had more games on its first year easily, people didnt even mentioned Lair (which got a bad reception) but in my opinion looked like a great game, very unique at the time.

PS4 has the better line up, but both are bad IMO.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

PS3

Uncharted and Resistance

teigaga said:
ps3-sales! said:
KLXVER said:
The PS3 line-up is crap? Uncharted, Resistance and Heavenly Sword beats anything new the PS4 has had up to this point imo.

Metacritic would beg to differ. 

Ps3:

Uncharted - 88

Resistance - 86

Heavenly Sword -79

Ps4:

Infamous - 80

Resogun - 84

Last of Us - 95

Flower - 91

In b4 don't count remasters. I do count remasters. Most of the buyers of those remasters were 360/Wii owners that never had access to the games who bought a Ps4. 

lol Flower and the Last of Us? Why count literal ports of PS3 games, a remake I could understand).....

Edit: Sorry missed the buttom part but still PS3 was backwards compatible so why not cound FFXII, FFVII, God of War 2 haha

Fair enough I'll give you the backward compatible part xD

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros