By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My AC Unity first impressions....

Are great so far! Besides the terrible framerate when any type of action is occuring (playing on Ps4) my interest in the AC franchise has been renewed!

I have not been a fan of this repetive series since the masterful (GOTY 09) AC 2; but I'm enjoying Unity so far. I'm only a few hours in, so obviously I'm taking the first impressions with a grain of salt. But I like what I see. The visuals are absolutely "next gen" quality. Besides the framerate issues which are hopefully patched, it looks amazing. The story is SIMPLE and to the point; at least so far. None of that BS. The reason AC2 has the best AC story is because it was straight forward.

Gameplay pretty much the same but still nice. I enjoy it.

Would have liked to see more Far Cry 3/Infamous esque exploring IE an incentive to clear up areas (enimies don't respawn after completing an area) but oh well. 

I've heard terrible things about this game but I am enjoying it. I walked into the game expecting a broken mess and am happily surprised.

Anybody else enjoying/hating?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:

Are great so far! Besides the terrible framerate when any type of action is occuring (playing on Ps4) my interest in the AC franchise has been renewed!

I have not been a fan of this repetive series since the masterful (GOTY 09) AC 2; but I'm enjoying Unity so far. I'm only a few hours in, so obviously I'm taking the first impressions with a grain of salt. But I like what I see. The visuals are absolutely "next gen" quality. Besides the framerate issues which are hopefully patched, it looks amazing. The story is SIMPLE and to the point; at least so far. None of that BS. The reason AC2 has the best AC story is because it was straight forward.

Gameplay pretty much the same but still nice. I enjoy it.

Would have liked to see more Far Cry 3/Infamous esque exploring IE an incentive to clear up areas (enimies don't respawn after completing an area) but oh well. 

I've heard terrible things about this game but I am enjoying it. I walked into the game expecting a broken mess and am happily surprised.

Anybody else enjoying/hating?

Advice. Don't ever listen to reviews. Ask a hundred people what you think about a book and you'll get a hundred answers, 70% of them will be those who rushed through it just so they can answer you hint ;]
You are the best judge of character.

I also like it so far. How are the load times on the PS4? The ones on the Xbox One are horrendous. Fast travel & reloading after death is 1+ min, but during & after main missions the load times have gotten to 5+ min.

The first time I hit a long loading screen, I though my Xbox had froze up, since the loading screen is black, with just a little icon in the top right that spins; unlike the old AC games that put your character in some sort of endless running animus glitchy area.

Otherwise I agree, despite all of the issues it is a fun game so far (Currently 5 hours in). I don't know about co-op or multi player, since I haven't tried that yet.

fireburn95 said:

70% of them will be those who rushed through it just so they can answer you 

Advice. 87% of the statistics are made up on the go!

It's one of the better ACs. I'm not far in yet but I jumped up and celebrated loudly when I experienced the new quick descend feature.
It's probably the AC where it's the most fun to get around.
What I don't like is the new stealth system. The fact that there is no possibility to move around corners when in cover is just pathetic. They should've scrapped the cover system altogether.

The performance is of course extremely bad. And frame drops happen everywhere and not just in crowds or fast action. I haven't seen a lot of annoying pop-ins and the glitches are pretty much up to par of what I'm used to with AC. It's generally pretty erratic, one time it's smooth even though there is massive draw distance and a lot of stuff happening and then frame drops in buildings for no reason.

I will say that while the performance is bad, the reaction to it is absolutely exaggerated. I played ACIV on PS4 and it was not much better. I remember hating the framerate at the start and gradually getting used to it. It also had the terrible input lag due to the low framerate. So yeah, this is once again the usual perpetual Internet rage machine working.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
WiiBox3 said:
I also like it so far. How are the load times on the PS4? The ones on the Xbox One are horrendous. Fast travel & reloading after death is 1+ min, but during & after main missions the load times have gotten to 5+ min.

The first time I hit a long loading screen, I though my Xbox had froze up, since the loading screen is black, with just a little icon in the top right that spins; unlike the old AC games that put your character in some sort of endless running animus glitchy area.

Otherwise I agree, despite all of the issues it is a fun game so far (Currently 5 hours in). I don't know about co-op or multi player, since I haven't tried that yet.

Load times are also terrible on Ps4 trust me lol....

Haven't frozen up yet though. And haven't tried the online as well. I got the game for the single player so when I 100% i'll probably try out the online.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

vivster said:

It's one of the better ACs. I'm not far in yet but I jumped up and celebrated loudly when I experienced the new quick descend feature.
It's probably the AC where it's the most fun to get around.
What I don't like is the new stealth system. The fact that there is no possibility to move around corners when in cover is just pathetic. They should've scrapped the cover system altogether.

The performance is of course extremely bad. And frame drops happen everywhere and not just in crowds or fast action. I haven't seen a lot of annoying pop-ins and the glitches are pretty much up to par of what I'm used to with AC. It's generally pretty erratic, one time it's smooth even though there is massive draw distance and a lot of stuff happening and then frame drops in buildings for no reason.

I will say that while the performance is bad, the reaction to it is absolutely exaggerated. I played ACIV on PS4 and it was not much better. I remember hating the framerate at the start and gradually getting used to it. It also had the terrible input lag due to the low framerate. So yeah, this is once again the usual perpetual Internet rage machine working.

The way critics/everybody talks about Black Flag you'd think the game ran at 60 fps!!!

Currently own:

• Ps4

Despite the controversy I still do have some interest in this game still, although not for $70.

ps3-sales! said:

What the hell lol.

This totally made me thought this was a sarcastic post.

I can almost picture you nervously typing this in front of your PC while laughing nervously and glancing back at the UBI-Assassin looming over you with a blade next to your neck.

The fps issues are a little let down though. Even on high end cards hiccups occur. Looks like Black Flag was far advanced in the optimisation department. This just needs a patch for fps fix.