By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The usefullness of price cuts?

The price cut worked exactly where it was implemented: The US. It did not fail and it was very useful.

Around the Network

Price cut in the US and here are the results:

PS4: 154k
Xbox One: 297k

Can you define "not worked"?

It depends on the profit (or loss) margin

For all we know, MS could be making or losing the same amount of money, based on the amount of units sold to margin ratio.

Unless ofcourse they were making money at $400 and are now losing at $350 per console

Idk, so many variables...

Either way price cuts are good for the consumer

Wasn't the price cut only in the US and (maybe?) UK? Looks like it worked splendidly if that's the case. Practically doubled PS4 sales in the US. Has that ever happened before, even for one week?

kowenicki said:
Yeah. Price cuts dont work.

Deary me. Are you serious?

Since you seemed to fail to understand my initial question it must be because i wasn't clear enough.  Of course the price cut worked.  My question was will it maintain increased sales or drop off dramatically like the last price cut?  That's why i asked "Will the pricecut  keep the X1 competitive after this week or will it fizzle out like the previous pricecut?" in my initial post. 

Around the Network

A pricecut works if it raises the baseline permanently, if that doesn't happen it didn't work. Too soon to tell yet for the XOne.

The price cut definitely worked imo. It got rid of those Xbones that were sitting on retail shelves since April. The next batch will be sold "shortly".