By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

Ninsect said:

See thread title. Also some more info but mods removed it

Can you allude to the removed information without giving exactly what it was away?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
MANUELF said:
So what numbers did aqua leak again?

If you have them could you message them to me?

GribbleGrunger said:
Ninsect said:

Can you allude to the removed information without giving exactly what it was away?

LTD numbers for current gen consoles and cumulative gap between PS4 and XB1 (it's now ~1.1m) in a graph. Also a list with sales in first 12 months on the market for all major consoles (PS4 was second, 200k behind Wii and 700k above PS2).

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Conegamer said:

Whilst I'm not sure about the practice of "disguising" the numbers in this way, what I do know is that these numbers are confidential and were asked not to be shared. Is that the right thing to do? Perhaps not. However the graph which was posted in particular is quite a clear violation of Rule 15 on this site. Read up on it if you'd like.

As Tor said however there's no well-defined rule about this, nor am I pleased with how the numbers were displayed in the first place. However a little courtesy would be appreciated for the longevity of the leaks; else soon enough we'll get nothing at all because people couldn't be discrete for a month.

So I guess it's your call, really. We've made our decision and standpoint clear, now it's up to you whether or not you wish to respect that or not.

The leaker is already out of compliance of his NDA and don't care about the rights and concerns of the company to which he signed, so why should we care about him?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

NPD should really get a competitor or at least be more public, you dont see people hiding the box office, the single or album sales on the US and worldwide or the game sales in Japan, and those are weekly numbers

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:

So, PS4 won another NPD, just wondering how much more it sold.  Maybe 150k  ?

129K.

Ninsect said:

LTD numbers for current gen consoles and cumulative gap between PS4 and XB1 (it's now ~1.1m) in a graph. Also a list with sales in first 12 months on the market for all major consoles (PS4 was second, 200k behind Wii and 700k above PS2).

Cheers. That'll do nicely.

The PS5 Exists. 

so let me understand something. Some leaker on another site hopes that no one on the entire internet talks about the numbers that he/she has leaked?

And we are even discussing that here?

On another note, I really think the VGC overtracking of the XB1 is getting ridiculous. over 50k overtracked???

Well this thread is a mess.

Anyway, I agree with the mods. Regardless of people's personal opinions for and against spreading the numbers here, the fact of the matter is that doing so damages our chances of getting any numbers at all in the future. Saying who won and by what ratio should be enough to generate discussion, and if people want to know the specifics they can talk about it trough PMs.

The idea of limiting the flow of information does trouble me, frankly it's quite upsetting, but it's better than having the information disappear entirely.

ps4 very accurate , 4k
gap near 150k
xb1 ovrtracked a bit