By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October 2014 NPD Thread!

Seece said:
Wonder how WiiU will fare going forward, its days of doing 100% (or even 50% yoy are gone)

Was down YOY for the month of September, and is up 40% this month.

Nov NPD was surprisingly and awfully low for WiiU last year though.

To be fair Sept 2013 had the $50 price cut on the Deluxe model alongside Wind Waker HD and a new bundle, even with that Sept 2014 was virtually flat YoY. Oct 2014 being up 40% compared to Oct 2013 is pretty good considering the previously mentioned things were still having an affect and Wii Party U+Sonic Lost World had also released. 

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Namiirei said:
SO not even in the top 10 software ? This is hard for Insomniac.

only 4 days in oct to sell plus its in 9th when you only count single skus plus the bulde wasnt counted.  so yes it didnt set the world on fire but i wouldnt call it a bomb

SWORDF1SH said:
TiagoCosta said:
Aerys said:
That confirms what i thought, Sunset is around 100k without the bundles

Then something needs to be overtracked over here, 9th individual without bundles... Bayonetta? Driveclub?

100k feels too low for a 9th placed game imo.

We don't know where DC came on the individual sku list. It was mentioned so for all we know it's above SO.

Where it said DC did better than SO?

Btw according to gaf Sunset > Bayonetta > DC
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138779956&postcount=1379

Shadow1980 said:
Y'know, it's pretty bad that public knowledge of NPD numbers has been almost entirely dependent on only two people on the whole internet, both of them being GAF members that now aren't there anymore. NPD should start making sales numbers public again, like how MC and Famitsu do in Japan.

Was the one guy just temp banned or was he perma'd?

Around the Network

how did we get 69k anyway XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Azerth said:
Namiirei said:
SO not even in the top 10 software ? This is hard for Insomniac.

only 4 days in oct to sell plus its in 9th when you only count single skus plus the bulde wasnt counted.  so yes it didnt set the world on fire but i wouldnt call it a bomb

You shouldn't acknowledge people and their sly digs at certain games. Turns out SO did better than the other 2 October exclusives even without the bundles and it launched on the 28th.

Welfare said:
Using 69k, Wii U would be down YoY worldwide in October here. That also doesn't account for over tracking in Europe/ROTW.

Damn it. I'm going to lose my bet aren't I X_X

Driveclub overtracked by a lot, called it.

It was always doing so terrible on online stores, way worse than horizon 2, but somehow it was selling more here.

D-Joe said:
Btw according to gaf Sunset > Bayonetta > DC
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=138779956&postcount=1379

And where's the original post?  This is just a guy saying a previous poster stated it.  What was that posters name?  Was he an insider or just taking a guess?