By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will sell more lifetime, Smash Bros Wii U, or Mario Kart 8?

Tagged games:

?

Smash Bros U 59 46.83%

MK8 65 51.59%

Total:124
drake_tolu said:
curl-6 said:

Silence heretic, the Zelda track is orgasmic! :P

Zelda track sucks.

Are you a good MK player with great taste or just a Zelda hater?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
curl-6 said:

Pfft, nothing boring about doing a midair kart stunt over the freaking Master Sword! :P

Link looks goofy doing that.

I refuse to play Link, he has no business being in Mario Kart! :P

curl-6 said:
Pavolink said:
curl-6 said:

Pfft, nothing boring about doing a midair kart stunt over the freaking Master Sword! :P

Good, now send that message to Aonuma. We don't want Link in Mario Kart. We want in a real Zelda game, now. Stop with spin offs and remakes.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Tough call, Smash will start out stronger due to higher userbase at start, more marketing and holyday season, but can Sonics legs keep up with Mario's Monster Wheels?

That said, I know a couple of guys who will buy a Wii U just because of Smash (and Zelda), and since the casuals have moved on to iPhonyes and Androshit devices I'd say Smash

Pavolink said:

Good, now send that message to Aonuma. We don't want Link in Mario Kart. We want in a real Zelda game, now.

Now this I agree with. Aonuma pisses me off, I wish someone the series was entrusted to someone else.

Around the Network

I think MK8 will sell the bigger numbers, Mario Kart always has, but I think Smash will do incredibly well, it looks like the most comprehensive Smash game Nintendo has ever made and it's launching at a huge time of the year, so will have huge launch numbers IMO.

TBH I wouldn't be shocked if having both games on the system causes a decent surge in Wii U numbers and with all of the past games Wii U will start doing a lot better hardware numbers when Smash comes out.

MK8 will probably get a decent spike when that game comes out too IMO.

kart racing or 2d fighting. it is a close call but I think MK8 has better legs globally.

Pavolink said:
curl-6 said:
Pavolink said:
curl-6 said:

Good, now send that message to Aonuma. We don't want Link in Mario Kart. We want in a real Zelda game, now. Stop with spin offs and remakes.

What does Link being in Mario Kart have to do with wanting a main Zelda title? What a ridiculous comment. That game will come when it comes, it's not like they're going to delay it 6 months because with Link being in MK8 we've got our fix of Zelda.