By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Ubisoft spread itself too thin?

Ubisoft is dead to mii.

Around the Network

I will make up my mind about that when I played ACU. So far the only negative experiences I had with Ubi was a badly optimized FC3 for PC and that one AC game that shall not be named.

Gonna post this as a precaution though.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

This makes me kinda worried about BG&2, if that ever comes out. It's the only game from Ubisoft that I care of anyway.

I'm more curious about the sales Assassin's Creed Unity will get. The scores aren't as good as the previous installments, but I imagine this is similar to Blockbuster movies. The movie can be horrible, but make hundreds of millions in ticket sales. So it makes me wonder, if Ubisoft does spread itself too thin and produces mediocre games and people still buy them in the millions, is there a reason for them to change their business practices?

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

yum123 said:
UMM what.

Ubisoft marketcap - 1.57 Billion
EA marketcap - 12.82 Billion

EA is more than 8 times bigger than Ubisoft

geez didn't expect that.  Is it because of Origin or mobile?  Ubisoft seems to put out just as many AAA games

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
I am of the inclination that when you see a company's true colors is when that company is met with ample success. We are seeing what ubisoft will do when they have a couple of great IPs that sell very well yearly.

Its unfortunate, but at this rate, they are quickly beginning to lose consumer confidence. Once lost that is something that is really hard to get back.

No I don't think they are spreading themselves too thin, just think there is something very wrong with how they conduct their business right now and I hope for their sake they start to listen to what gamers are saying about them.

MS got it back after far worse things in a matter of months

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

They have just gotten too big headed. They think they can do no wrong and it shows with the lacklustre quality.
They are now thinking with money rather than fans much like EA does.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

I thought Ubisoft was supposed to have different teams workig on different games. Meaning Black Flag guys are owrking on next years AC game and had nothing to do with this years AC games. Likewise this years AC games had nobody working on Black Flag.

So maybe its not spread to thin, but they had shitty dev's working on this years AC?

Don't see how they could be spread too thin. They makea ton of money do they not? If they are thin in an area, hire more guys.

Most likely this is just AC becoming Call of Duty.  Just AC isn't as multiplayer heavy as CoD so it doesn't get a pass in reviews.  But whatever, it will still sell 10 million becuase of all you sheep out there.

platformmaster918 said:
Intrinsic said:
I am of the inclination that when you see a company's true colors is when that company is met with ample success. We are seeing what ubisoft will do when they have a couple of great IPs that sell very well yearly.

Its unfortunate, but at this rate, they are quickly beginning to lose consumer confidence. Once lost that is something that is really hard to get back.

No I don't think they are spreading themselves too thin, just think there is something very wrong with how they conduct their business right now and I hope for their sake they start to listen to what gamers are saying about them.

It's one thing to threaten to release a bad product, it's another thing to actually go through with it...multiple times! lol

platformmaster918 said:
Intrinsic said:

Look at what happened to MS just for planning on releasing a bad product. They didn't even go through with it. And contrary to what you think, they still have not won consumer mind share. Thats why you can get an XB1 right now for as low as $200 with a free game if you trade in your 360/PS3 or for $350 with a free game. All less than a yar after its $500 launch. So I have no idea what makes you think that MS somehow has got anything back simply because its having boosts from what i just a tad short from being called a fire sale.

Ubisoft has released two AAA games in the same year that both turned out to be shit technically. You think if they do this for their next 2 games gamers wouldn't catch on?