By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware/Software Up - 1 November 2014

tbone51 said:
binary solo said:
Seece said:
binary solo said:

300K I was willing to accept as Wii U not needing more than that to meet demand. But 100K is ridiculous.

I was wrong, it's around 190k. Still a little undertracked IMO.

Overtracked?

Does 200k difference seem that bad? Its not ps4/x1 thats selling alot, I can see Japan having like 40k on store shelves, 100k in NoA, 50k-70k in Europe and an extra 20k elsewhere

300K seems more like the minimum for the retail channels. It's 6 weeks of supply at 50K per week, and that seems like about as low as you'd want to go. 4 weeks supply in the channels at 50K per week is not outrageously low, but it doesn't feel right. OTOH having such a low supply rate might suggest a vote of no confidence by retailers. If they are projecting especially low Wii U sales into the holidays then they will keep their supply lines short because they don;t want to be stuck with an excess of Wii Us come 1 January. With SSB U coming along very soon I expect Wii U to sell through at least half of that 200K on shelves in just one week, possibly 2/3s of that 200K. So that makes 200K on shelves seem somewhat more unlikely.

Of course we have no idea at all about WIi U shipments during Oct and Nov, so perhaps the retailer oprders for the holidays have started rolling in and there are way more on shelves now than there were at 30 Sept.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Barenziah said:
big adjustments from last week,why was it so high,like 300k PS4

SO is fine,don't know what people expect from it

Its not that people have a problem with teh PS4 numbers this week, it sthat we have a problem with tracking for the PS4 all round. Based on shipping numbers, VGC has wiiU sales at around 200k or so less than nintendos anounced shipping numbers. They have XB1 at around 800k/1M less then MS approximated shipped numbers. Yet the PS4 seems to have 2M consoles on shelves and rising?

Doesn't add up

Intrinsic said:
Barenziah said:
big adjustments from last week,why was it so high,like 300k PS4

SO is fine,don't know what people expect from it

Its not that people have a problem with teh PS4 numbers this week, it sthat we have a problem with tracking for the PS4 all round. Based on shipping numbers, VGC has wiiU sales at around 200k or so less than nintendos anounced shipping numbers. They have XB1 at around 800k/1M less then MS approximated shipped numbers. Yet the PS4 seems to have 2M consoles on shelves and rising?

Doesn't add up

1.75m.

Ka-pi96 said:
iTechHeads said:
Safe to say Sunset Overdrive flopped?

Nope. Not at all.

Well it was hyped as on of XB1s biggest holiday exclusives and it got great reviews. 138k in the US is not very impressive.

PS4 adjusted down again? XD

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Did PS4 just get adjusted again? Can't keep up anymore :p

sunset is gonna have a really painful death and dead legs by the 2nd and 3rd week
1st week sales are ok

Emperorbach said:
sunset is gonna have a really painful death and dead legs by the 2nd and 3rd week
1st week sales are ok

Actuallly 1st week sales are pretty horrible. To put it into perspective, Drivelcub sold more in its first week than SO did. That's with the horrible launch, poor reviews and delays. Then you have to take into account that racing games are not exactly "in" right now in the US which makes the Driveclub 1st week sales all the more impressive.

Aura7541 said:
ethomaz said:
BTW anybody is feeling DOWNGRADE adjustments in the PS4 numbers???

This is what I'm suspecting. The current PS4 numbers are too low in my opinion, especially in context of the total shipments announced by Sony's last quarterly report.

Nothing new.  This happens practically every week.

Emperorbach said:
1st week sales are ok

It is definately going to come to PC within a year, and maybe even PS4 in like 3 years.