By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo: MCC servers are down - improvements been made - problems persists

celador said:
Have they been active with patches? Hopefully at least the single player campaigns will be fully fixed by the time I get X1

The last patch rumored to finally fixe the issues was delayed... it is on Beta yet... seems like they found new critical issues.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
celador said:
Have they been active with patches? Hopefully at least the single player campaigns will be fully fixed by the time I get X1

The last patch rumored to finally fixe the issues was delayed... it is on Beta yet... seems like they found new critical issues.

There have been a lot of patches. So far they've released over 60GB of patches with more coming. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:

MCC is worse than Driveclub because it is just a remaster, and its been 3 full months since release. Reviews need to lower the scores for the MCC. 

Its interesting that the same people that called TLOUR a money grab and Driveclub a broken mess, aren't saying anything bad about the MCC. 

its not interesting. its flat out hypocrisy. which was to be expected (and expected if the situation was vise versa with fanbases)

MoHasanie said:
ethomaz said:
celador said:

There have been a lot of patches. So far they've released over 60GB of patches with more coming. 

holy fuck?! 60GB? AFTER the 20 GB DAY ONE patch?! another 40 gbs? this game wasnt close to being finished, my god. 

bananaking21 said:
MoHasanie said:

holy fuck?! 60GB? AFTER the 20 GB DAY ONE patch?! another 40 gbs? this game wasnt close to being finished, my god. 

The patching systems this gen are just totally ridiculous and laughable. 

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
bananaking21 said:

its clear that there is no system. its a complete mess. 

bananaking21 said:
walsufnir said:

its clear that there is no system. its a complete mess. 

Especially for people who have limited data plans and intentionally buy games on discs, this is not exceptable. Especially MS is doing a bad job here, 360 had relatively small patches and a cumulative patching system. This gen both platforms seem to exchange more than just the executable and I think we should get some info what is going wrong in this case.

I wonder how much (if any) of an effect MCC's problems will have on Halo 5's sales.

walsufnir said:

Especially for people who have limited data plans and intentionally buy games on discs, this is not exceptable. Especially MS is doing a bad job here, 360 had relatively small patches and a cumulative patching system. This gen both platforms seem to exchange more than just the executable and I think we should get some info what is going wrong in this case.

its a problem with both MS/Sony and the publishers them selfs. i dont know about the XB1 much, but the PS4 up until recently i remember used to add previous patches with the new patch every time one released. meaning, if patch one was 1GB, and patch two was 2 GB, then when you download patch two you download one and two together, and end up downloading 3GB. and so on. which was a fucking joke. 

AC Unity had to repatch and redownload the entire fucking game on XB1... this is beyond unacceptable. these publishers are patching their incompetence on the consumers time and money. as you said, some people have limited data caps (up until recently i did as well) and now some people have to take into consideration the money they are gonna spend on these patches as well as the game its self. its a joke. 

bananaking21 said:
walsufnir said:

its a problem with both MS/Sony and the publishers them selfs. i dont know about the XB1 much, but the PS4 up until recently i remember used to add previous patches with the new patch every time one released. meaning, if patch one was 1GB, and patch two was 2 GB, then when you download patch two you download one and two together, and end up downloading 3GB. and so on. which was a fucking joke. 

AC Unity had to repatch and redownload the entire fucking game on XB1... this is beyond unacceptable. these publishers are patching their incompetence on the consumers time and money. as you said, some people have limited data caps (up until recently i did as well) and now some people have to take into consideration the money they are gonna spend on these patches as well as the game its self. its a joke. 

I only know how it worked on 360: You had cumulative and differential patches, meaning the patch only includes differences in the executable (was changed after, there were some patches which indeed were several hundred mb's) and if there are, let's say, 6 patches available, you only download one which includes all and it seemed even there it was differential meaning you only get prompted once after buying and get all current patches in a small package.

As I understand it, there isn't necessarily the publisher to blame but especially Sony and MS. Publishers can only work within the setting both provide.