By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3 New Xbox One Bundles + Price drop did absolutely nothing

What are you tlakign about. FOr two straight weeks all 3 bundles were ahead of ps4. Which naturally would mean it was being outsold 3 to 1. Then once the game ships and availability goes down they would naturally fall out of the top 10. Once sunset overdrive got stock it jumped right back up into the top 10. AC bundle is still on top of all consoles and the recent numebrs did not factor in any of those bundles. The amount of stupidity on this site is truly astonishing.

Around the Network

Yep. A nearly 3-fold spike in sales is "absolutely nothing"

Most of the year 2014 has already passed, so it's pretty hard to reach the top at this point if you're not already close. The first week of November is a drop in the ocean compared to the 10 months before it.

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

-Samuel Clemens

iTechHeads said:
Yeah during my ban I noticed people were way too quick to start saying XB1 is dominating. I mean really? It just had a price cut and several new bundles. That would lift ANY console up the charts for a few days.

They started one day after the bundles were released.  I think that people should have relistic expectations, and take the month in its totality.  Dominating for a day or a week or even the whole month doesn't explain how Microsoft will undo the margin that they are down by.  I want the Xbox One to do well, but I fear that if it doesn't win, the level of embarassment will be unreal.  It would be nice to see people be humble.  

shloob said:

What are you tlakign about. FOr two straight weeks all 3 bundles were ahead of ps4. Which naturally would mean it was being outsold 3 to 1. Then once the game ships and availability goes down they would naturally fall out of the top 10. Once sunset overdrive got stock it jumped right back up into the top 10. AC bundle is still on top of all consoles and the recent numebrs did not factor in any of those bundles. The amount of stupidity on this site is truly astonishing.

Lol, looks like you don't understand why that did nothing. None of the 3 bundles made it to the Best Sellers of 2014 which means they didn't sell as much as you think they did. Again, hourly sales mean nothing because they are just hourly sales, if you want to know if something sold well you look at the Best Sellers of 2014, and the 3 bundles aren't there. See these are exactly the type of comments I've been seeing.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

so much for 3:1 ratio lolololololol

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Around the Network
Sentient_Nebula said:

Most of the year 2014 has already passed, so it's pretty hard to reach the top at this point if you're not already close. The first week of November is a drop in the ocean compared to the 10 months before it.

How so? The PS4 Destiny Bundle was #46 on its launch day, if something sold well it, it doesn't matter how many months because the end of the year, it should be on the list if it sold a lot. These are updated almost daily so there should be no excuse for it not to be.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

We don't need this.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Ali_16x said:
Sentient_Nebula said:

How so? The PS4 Destiny Bundle was #46 on its launch day, if something sold well it, it doesn't matter how many months because the end of the year, it should be on the list.

yes. and we know it sold "only" 300k units until 4th october, while being on #35
we also know that xbox one titanfall bundle sold more than 300k units in 3 month, but is only at #56