By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US Monthly bestsellers tracking thread November - Updated 29/11 - GTAV bundle in at 17

I'm 28 and i'll definitely be picking up LBP 3. They are fun games regardless of your age. I hope never to the point where i feel to old to enjoy things that would loved as child. 

Around the Network
FIT_Gamer said:

I'm 28 and i'll definitely be picking up LBP 3. They are fun games regardless of your age. I hope never to the point where i feel to old to enjoy things that would loved as child. 

Same and I am 40+.

FIT_Gamer said:

i'm 23 and would pick up LBP3 but for the fact I have a lot of games already to catch up on and other games like GTA 5, Far Cry, the order and bloodbourne appealk to me more. My friends list is mainly between 17 and 40 years of age and i've seen plenty of them in the past playing LBP. Great game for a wide audience. 

Scientificreason said:
Imaginedvl said:

What signal are you talking about? The PS4 is selling more so they are doing some adjustment, simple as that. 

And from where this 1% is coming? You are making a LOT of assumptions here, one them being that Microsoft is in trouble with the Xbox One and that success can only be to beat the PS4...

Anything they do to increase their marketshare is a good move (of course you can also assume that they are stupid and have no idea about what they are doing) but the past 6 months after the initial fiasco (mainly because it was priced 100$ more than the PS4) has been nothing but improvments from Microsoft.

And yes, I do believe that the only reason the PS4 is far ahead is because of the price. You can bring the DRM stuff in the discussion or Kinect or the console being less powerful than the other one. But the reality is the main consumers does NOT care about this. Only forums freaks and hard core gamers. Now for Mr. everybody who goes to Walmart and needs to buy a new console, both are branded as "next gen console" than can run new games plus some awesome exclusives; that's it. But then, Mr. everybody will look at the price... And guess what? One of the two very similar next gen console is 100$ less than the other... Boom.

So yah, cutting the price is a smart move before the holidays. I'm not saying it is going to completly reverse the situation but it will definitly help them to gain more than 1% of marketshare in the USA. Sadly, Europe is another story. 

Finally Microsoft may be rich but it is not that simple. Shareholders wants to see results and they are looking at very basic formulas.
And so far, looking at the results, Microsoft is doing very fine. And the negatives seems to be very well aligned with the postives looking at the last Q numbers :)

If the main reason was price the ps4 would not be still outselling x1 despite being the same price,  last few months x1 has been cheaper.  There is a lot more to it then price.  Ps3 outsold 360 despite being more expensive ww.  It is never as simple as price.  If price was it wiiu would be doing gang busters. 

To the general consumers both consoles are effectively branded as the same machine with some differences and both capable of running next gen games and exclusives. Branded as "next generation console" is the keyword here. So no, the WiiU is not part of the equation, cheaper or not, it is in a different category for the general consumer who wants to buy this "next gen experience" console.

The initial rush gave a huge lead to the PS4 and obviously it is hard to come back now that one is leading like that (esp. in Europe) (friends are buying the same console to play with their friends, etc) and if the Xbox One is now cheaper it is still a though choice to go with it when everybody else got a PS4.

Maybe not "as simple" as the price but mainly because of that. You know, E3 before the launch actually proved me right :) I remember (and you can look up videos and article) people becoming completly crazy during Sony's conference and saying right away Sony won at "one" exact moment... When they announced the price. And they were actually right. Price was everything and it give the PS4 a huge lead very hard to come by now for Microsoft.

But with the price cut Microsoft is definitly on the right track (maybe a bit late) but still on the right track (for NA at least). For Europe... I do not know, the PS4 lead is big there so maybe it is too late...

Imaginedvl said:

To the general consumers both consoles are effectively branded as the same machine with some differences and both capable of running next gen games and exclusives. Branded as "next generation console" is the keyword here. So no, the WiiU is not part of the equation, cheaper or not, it is in a different category for the general consumer who wants to buy this "next gen experience" console.

The initial rush gave a huge lead to the PS4 and obviously it is hard to come back now that one is leading like that (esp. in Europe) (friends are buying the same console to play with their friends, etc) and if the Xbox One is now cheaper it is still a though choice to go with it when everybody else got a PS4.

Maybe not "as simple" as the price but mainly because of that. You know, E3 before the launch actually proved me right :) I remember (and you can look up videos and article) people becoming completly crazy during Sony's conference and saying right away Sony won at "one" exact moment... When they announced the price. And they were actually right. Price was everything and it give the PS4 a huge lead very hard to come by now for Microsoft.

But with the price cut Microsoft is definitly on the right track (maybe a bit late) but still on the right track (for NA at least). For Europe... I do not know, the PS4 lead is big there so maybe it is too late...

You need to understand that whether the X1 was cheaper in the EU from the start or not it had no hope in the EU. Sony literally owns the EU as a whole. 

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Scientificreason said:
Imaginedvl said:

What signal are you talking about? The PS4 is selling more so they are doing some adjustment, simple as that. 

And from where this 1% is coming? You are making a LOT of assumptions here, one them being that Microsoft is in trouble with the Xbox One and that success can only be to beat the PS4...

Anything they do to increase their marketshare is a good move (of course you can also assume that they are stupid and have no idea about what they are doing) but the past 6 months after the initial fiasco (mainly because it was priced 100$ more than the PS4) has been nothing but improvments from Microsoft.

And yes, I do believe that the only reason the PS4 is far ahead is because of the price. You can bring the DRM stuff in the discussion or Kinect or the console being less powerful than the other one. But the reality is the main consumers does NOT care about this. Only forums freaks and hard core gamers. Now for Mr. everybody who goes to Walmart and needs to buy a new console, both are branded as "next gen console" than can run new games plus some awesome exclusives; that's it. But then, Mr. everybody will look at the price... And guess what? One of the two very similar next gen console is 100$ less than the other... Boom.

So yah, cutting the price is a smart move before the holidays. I'm not saying it is going to completly reverse the situation but it will definitly help them to gain more than 1% of marketshare in the USA. Sadly, Europe is another story. 

Finally Microsoft may be rich but it is not that simple. Shareholders wants to see results and they are looking at very basic formulas.
And so far, looking at the results, Microsoft is doing very fine. And the negatives seems to be very well aligned with the postives looking at the last Q numbers :)

If the main reason was price the ps4 would not be still outselling x1 despite being the same price,  last few months x1 has been cheaper.  There is a lot more to it then price.  Ps3 outsold 360 despite being more expensive ww.  It is never as simple as price.  If price was it wiiu would be doing gang busters. 

Totally disagree.  The biggest factor is playstation strong brand power worldwide.  If they both launched at 399 ps4 would still be millions ahead.  US would be a lot closer that's it.  There is a reason ps3 being a year late and more expensive was able to catch up.  Something xbox would not be able to do. 

It is never as simple as price.  If price was the main factor all these months xbox had been the same price or cheaper things would have evened out.  They never,  the gap stayed and even grew. 

Amazon charts updated today where both PS4 bundles moved up by 4/6 places and some XB1 bundles moving down. PS4#16 and DestinyPS4#46

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

biglittlesps said:

Amazon charts updated today where both PS4 bundles moved up by 4/6 places and some XB1 bundles moving down. PS4#16 and DestinyPS4#46

Of course some will be moving down.  Both Xbox One Sku and Sunset Overdrive bundle has been sold out for days as an example.

As for the thread.  I said last week in a different thread id expect XBO to win 1-10 then be a little more even 10-20.  20-30 will be what decides the month of november though would be my guess since Black Friday can have a several 100k difference.

JayWood2010 said:
biglittlesps said:

Of course some will be moving down.  Both Xbox One Sku and Sunset Overdrive bundle has been sold out for days as an example.

As for the thread.  I said last week in a different thread id expect XBO to win 1-10 then be a little more even 10-20.  20-30 will be what decides the month of november though would be my guess since Black Friday can have a several 100k difference.

I agree, i'm just updating the thread as we are seeing the trend of PS4 moving up slowly and when it get to Nov 18 week when PS4 bundles of GTA V, Far cry 4 and LPB3 starts then it will going to dominate. First 10 days are XB1 because it had bundles to three games released and now we can see its slowly going down after these 10 days even though the price is 50$ less and games given free when PS4 still in full price and was able to sell great so far. This proves that XB1 cant compete strong enough having legs with PS4 even they have great deal.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

biglittlesps said:
JayWood2010 said:

That isnt what i was implying at all.