By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Whoa!! Kojima: "Blu-ray Disc Not Big Enough for MGS4″

eab said:
Ocarina of Time was 29 megabytes. xD

Weren't all N64 games 16MB?

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Around the Network

so this game was really expensive to make?

Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
eab said:

Didn't you need that special chip to play it?

Aj_habfan said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
eab said:

Didn't you need that special chip to play it?

This is off topic but anyway..

No, your thinking of Majora's mask. And that chip was just more RAM, it has nothing to do with the game size. As for all N64 games being 16 MB, thats what I thought but Wiki said different

From what I have heard the max size for games was either 64 megs or 128 megs.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:
eab said:

No they varied in size. The biggest two being Ogre Battle 64 at 40MB and Resident Evil 2 at 64MB.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Reasonable said:

One final part of rant - never sound like you're saying 'all games' should be like this: that's an immediate fail IMHO.

All games should be fun.  All games should be entertaining.

Do those fail too?

Yes, because a mature game might want to be disturbing rather than fun, serious rather than entertaining.  While the concept of 'game' implies your statements would be right the very concept of what a 'video game' can be is changing.  Games can now use the medium to explore other topics.  Is Silent Hill 2 'fun' and 'entertaining' for example?  I wouldn't say so.  I really like the game but played properly its a dark exploration of guilt and desire, with a pretty dark reveal that reverses the usual assuptions about the character you are 'playing'.

So sorry, you do fail now - although I suspect for a long time a majority of games will be just games: fun and entertaining.

To me its like people who say films should just be entertainment - of course they shouldn't, although most can be.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

really not a big deal at all.

it will be a great game just like mgs1, mgs2, mgs3. the only people who won't like it are people who don't like the series. so what if it ends up on two disks? just walk over to your ps3 and swop it out.

it's silly so many comparisons and such are being made. there are certain games that are just going to please their audience. games that have 0.01% chance of being let downs.

wii has brawl, 360 has ninja gaiden 2, ps3 has mgs3. everyone smiles. yay.

Captian_Twig said:
You guys do know Brawl will outsell it and will be better, right?

?

LOLZ spamed