By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The upcoming X1 price cut will make it match the PS4 sales in the US

Hiku said:
TheDrill said:
It will have more units sold in the US by January 2015, and start outselling it globally from there.
TheDrill said:

I edited that part out, I didn't mean globally as in all countries, I mean globally in the US (as in will have more total sales than the Ps4)

Just a fun reminder of his previous prediction.

lolol

Good times.

Around the Network

Unless the One has some planet busting IP with the holiday season year in and year out, I don't think the One can overtake the PS4 in the US. Halo 5 and the next COD will help; as will a pricedrop, but I believe that the PS4 will have a pricecut between E3 to Gamescom. Both for me make logical sense since:

1.) Sony and RockSteady have a marketing deal, so adding on a price cut with a game like Arkahm Knight adds more value; especially since said game is one day before E3. This also brings up a potential bundle as well. In addition, Samsung most likely will have a more cost effective 20nm GDDR 5 die avaliabe, which adds further evidence of this.

2.) Even going back towards the 5th gen. era, Sony has been wildy successful in European countries and Europe as a whole. By that time, even if a pricecut isn't announced at E3, an Arkahm Knight bundle will be; in addition towards games like Persona or Disgsea 5 potentially either being released or will be soon. In addition, Sony has a history of saving some of their best content for Gamescom; TGS soon after. Adding a pricecut after many great game announcements to top this off would benefit greatly for them; especially gearing up for the bloody Fall season which would prepare them even more to combat the One's double FPS header.

This is not to say Microsoft won't respond, because they will. Question is "How much of a loss can they sustain?" Microsoft does make quite a penny per quarter; about $5 billion dollars worth, but I don't think they, or even their shareholders, have that amount of patience. I am not saying the One won't lead in sales by month, because November and December they have a good chance, but I am saying that the One will not win the United States, much less anywhere else. In the unlikely "WildCard" in China explodes, I don't believe the One has a shot anywhere not including the States or the UK.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

DonFerrari said:
Insidb said:

I'm gonna miss you.

I shall comeback as FlamingWeasel Jr.

Lol Phoenix Down aka Flamingweasel Down 

Last I checked the X1 sold 90 % of the PS4 sales in the US.
It's funny how you all claim that the PS4 is dominating and outselling considerably the X1.
I've said this before and I say it again, the US market is still competitive and a winner is not yet decided.
PS4 didn't outsell X1 sufficiently for you to claim that it's completely impossible for the X1 to not outsell it.
Furthermore their sales are extremely close ( 10 % between each other)

TheDrill said:
It's funny how you all claim that the PS4 is dominating and outselling considerably the X1.
I've said this before and I say it again, the US market is still competitive and a winner is not yet decided.
PS4 didn't outsell X1 sufficiently for you to claim that it's completely impossible for the X1 to not outsell it.

Random question actually, basically curious about a postmortem on your initial prediction,  the one aiming for January. You seemed pretty convinced about it at the time, and very confident on your numbers and where you thought the trends were going to go, so I'm assuming you didn't pick January randomly. If that's the case, and you were expecting the sales trends leading up to January to go a certain way, Would you say that the prediction didn't come to fruition because the PS4 overperformed to your expectations, or because the Xbox One underperformed? Basically, is one set of numbers higher than you expected, or the other side lower than expected, some combination of the two?

Same question for the march prediction, unless you are confident that the Xbox One is still going to catch up by then. If you are, I am quite curious as to why.

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Around the Network
TheDrill said:

Well, at least you're making more reasonable conclusion right now. Before, you were being absolutely mental.

Your first prediction was that the XB1 would outsell the PS4 by the end of 2014 solely because of taking out the Kinect. The PS4 won the NPD for June through October in spite of the Kinect being out of the equation. While the XB1 closed the gap in November and December, it was because of the bundles and price cut, not because of price parity. Even though the XB1 outsold the PS4 for the holidays, the PS4 still outsold the XB1 for the year.

Knowing fully well that your first prediction would not come to fruition, you flip-flopped to another prediction. You predicted that because of the price cut and bundle, the XB1 will outsell the PS4 by March 2015. However, January NPD has shown that the PS4 is outselling the the XB1 again. The PS4 will win February NPD for sure. Even though The Order is not out yet, according to Amazon, the PS4 has been outselling the XB1 all month.

Now, you have made your comment above due to the fact you know that your second prediction will be wrong, dead wrong. And I have to say, it is very immature. Don't blame other people for making claims they didn't make. This is very insincere, just like this flip-flop you did here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7049963

Aura7541 said:
TheDrill said:

Well, at least you're making more reasonable conclusion right now. Before, you were being absolutely mental.

Your first prediction was that the XB1 would outsell the PS4 by the end of 2014 solely because of taking out the Kinect. The PS4 won the NPD for June through October in spite of the Kinect being out of the equation. While the XB1 closed the gap in November and December, it was because of the bundles and price cut, not because of price parity. Even though the XB1 outsold the PS4 for the holidays, the PS4 still outsold the XB1 for the year.

Knowing fully well that your first prediction would not come to fruition, you flip-flopped to another prediction. You predicted that because of the price cut and bundle, the XB1 will outsell the PS4 by March 2015. However, January NPD has shown that the PS4 is outselling the the XB1 again. The PS4 will win February NPD for sure. Even though The Order is not out yet, according to Amazon, the PS4 has been outselling the XB1 all month.

Now, you have made your comment above due to the fact you know that your second prediction will be wrong, dead wrong. And I have to say, it is very immature. Don't blame other people for making claims they didn't make. This is very insincere, just like this flip-flop you did here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7049963

Sums up the thread and the OP nicely.

TheDrill said:
Zanten said:
TheDrill said:
The PS4 outsold the X1 by like what, 6k this week?
The X1 used to outsell the PS4 by 50k or so back when the price cut was effective.
The PS4 didn't even close the 1 week gap the X1 widened in 1 week of sales when the price cut was effective.
The X1 may be outsold but USA is still very competitive.
You guys are talking as if the X1 is dead in the USA.
Also don't forget that X1 games usually sell more than the PS4 and the game attachment is higher as well, which means it's attractive for game publishers.

Well, technically most folks are talking like you're going to lose that bet you currently have going with regards to the Xbox One completely closing the gap by the time March has gone. Which, at this rate, is looking pretty likely. ;P Unless it's your opinion that Screamride Will prove to be the massive system seller that closes the rest of the gap. 

I never made a bet or accepted any bet.

That guy is a liar, he changed his signature claiming he has a bet with me, I called him up on that.

You can search this thread as proof that he did it without even talking to me, I never accepted any bet.

I don't know why he believes there is a bet.

The signature is just a gentle reminder of what you claimed, since you have been claming since like August that X1 would pass PS4 soon, but never gave a timeframe. But now you gave and you can't go back.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

2008ProchargedGT said:
DonFerrari said:

I shall comeback as FlamingWeasel Jr.

Lol Phoenix Down aka Flamingweasel Down 

This is a perfectly fine name... You should register it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Hiku said:
TheDrill said:
It will have more units sold in the US by January 2015, and start outselling it globally from there.
TheDrill said:

I edited that part out, I didn't mean globally as in all countries, I mean globally in the US (as in will have more total sales than the Ps4)

Just a fun reminder of his previous prediction.

You forgot the "There is no objective evidence that NPD is more accurate than VGChartz".