By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict XB1 US Sales! XB1 outselling PS4 OVER 3:1 on Amazon US! Sunset Bundle up 11,000%, 5 XB1 Skus in Top 40 Vs 1 PS4

Predict US Sales for Week Ending 8th

0 - 50k BOMBA 117 20.78%

51k - 100k 70 12.43%

101k - 150k 67 11.90%

151k - 200k 62 11.01%

201k - 250k 52 9.24%

251k - 300k 37 6.57%

301k - 350k 22 3.91%

351k+ INSANITY 134 23.80%

Total:561
Kerotan said:
jlmurph2 said:
Kerotan said:
Don't really see how you can go bumping threads bragging about the X1 doing better when WW it will be getting trounced. It's like slagging off a rival team when you beat them but they're 20 points ahead of you in the league.

Huh? Do you even know what you're talking about? My bumping threads comment is about Seece bumping his own prediction threads and the numerous Nintendo fan made Wii U > Xbox One threads.

we both know that if MS take Nov NPD a lot of threads will be bumped or created with dillusional comments. 

Its normal for prediction threads to be bumped. That's why they're prediction threads.

Around the Network

And people wonder why VGC can't get respekt on da internetz when site affiliated posters make threads like this.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

ironmanDX said:

There have been multiple amazon threads about many different regions.... There was a point when they were even going to get banned there were THAT many. 

I personally don't think amazon should be used for sales unless they're really rough predictions. The goal posts are still safely in the same place. It's sure riled a few up though... 

Poor sport. 

In all seriousness though, there is something to be said for the fact that we are ignoring the 2:1 worldwide margin.   Why are we putting so much focus on the US and if the Xbox One can imporove its stance there, what can it do about the rest of the world?

Kerotan said:
ganoncrotch said:
Kerotan/Cosmic
Every catch up starts somewhere, this is good signs 2 weeks before the MCC lands.

how is taking the US with insane money losing deals in Nov/Dec gonna lead to a catch up? Come January Sony wll easily win every month for about 8 months stright and in the US. This holiday they wil wipe the floor everywhere outside the US and maybe UK. 

The deals MS are doing right now have never been seen before and Sony is just standing by and watching. It's not a surprise really and WW (where it matters) will still be a bloodbath. How can you start a comeback when you will lose this holiday by more WW then you did last holiday? 

This.... is never a good idea, you should never just sit back and hope that your good sales continue when your rivals are being agressive like this.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ssenkahdavic said:
I really wonder how many of these bundles MS shipped out. Can they keep it up? Be very interesting to see if they csn keep up the numbers up until black Friday, and have enough consoles for black Friday.

Gonna be a fun month

Or we could just use 2014 yearly charts for reference instead of this knee jerk instantaneous satisfaction society we live in. One sec, need to update my facebook status. BRB.

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
Kerotan said:

how is taking the US with insane money losing deals in Nov/Dec gonna lead to a catch up? Come January Sony wll easily win every month for about 8 months stright and in the US. This holiday they wil wipe the floor everywhere outside the US and maybe UK. 

The deals MS are doing right now have never been seen before and Sony is just standing by and watching. It's not a surprise really and WW (where it matters) will still be a bloodbath. How can you start a comeback when you will lose this holiday by more WW then you did last holiday? 

This.... is never a good idea, you should never just sit back and hope that your good sales continue when your rivals are being agressive like this.

I agree. Sony is being very agressive in Japan and Europe with all the bundles and limited edition PS4's in those regions. The fact that Sony hasn't done much in the US has left me scratching my head...

Aura7541 said:
ganoncrotch said:
Kerotan said:

I agree. Sony is being very agressive in Japan and Europe with all the bundles and limited edition PS4's in those regions. The fact that Sony hasn't done much in the US has left me scratching my head...

Aye, seem to just be planning on coasting on the initial great sales they have in the region but to not react when MS are clearly in it to win US at the very least is silly. Black Friday could be a massive wake up call for Sony that if they plan to have a Ps2 era white wash they can't just leave MS do as they please.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Aura7541 said:
ganoncrotch said:
Kerotan said:

Did you see the sales data? It is nothing more than the echochamber of videogame forums. Sony understands that hourly amazon percentage based increases mean nothing. As do many people.

People demanded action during TitanFall bundle week/month. People demanded action in response to the $100 less SKU. They came and went. Just browse the yearly 2014 best sellers on amazon. You can get a decent barometer for quantity based on software and hardware placements. HINT: The xbox one has SKU at 98th spot and 51 and 52 and the PS4 is 4th and 28th. It is updated daily..... i know i know, it takes soooo long for the information when we can simply check hourly changes with no relative comparison for quantity but it is a sad slow world. So 3 SKU versus 2, someone do the math to figure out how the PS4 is outselling the One by 10:1 based on figures

EDITD for REFERENCE OF AMAZON "PERCENTAGES"

steverhcp02 said:
Aura7541 said:

Did you see the sales data? It is nothing more than the echochamber of videogame forums. Sony understands that hourly amazon percentage based increases mean nothing. As do many people.

People demanded action during TitanFall bundle week/month. People demanded action in response to the $100 less SKU. They came and went. Just browse the yearly 2014 best sellers on amazon. You can get a decent barometer for quantity based on software and hardware placements. HINT: The xbox one has SKU at 98th spot and 51 and 52 and the PS4 is 4th and 28th. It is updated daily..... i know i know, it takes soooo long for the information when we can simply check hourly changes with no relative comparison for quantity but it is a sad slow world. So 3 SKU versus 2, someone do the math to figure out how the PS4 is outselling the One by 10:1 based on figures

That yearly best sellers tells nothing for the Holiday or how well the consoles do when a price drop comes. This list does.

steverhcp02 said:
Aura7541 said:

Yes, I know that Amazon, especially when it comes to their hourly charts, is not the be-all, end-all. For instance, the PS4 and Destiny bundle were ahead of the X1 on the hourly charts all September by 20-30 places. It seemed as if the PS4 outsold the X1 by way more than 2 to 1, but NPD showed that the ratio was smaller than 2 to 1.

However, we can't deny that MS is stepping up their game (even if it's only for the last two months of the year). This is a great way for Sony to make a statement that PS4 is the place to play and persuade consumers that their system over Microsoft's. While Sony is doing that in Europe and Japan, the company has been complacent in the US.