By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict XB1 US Sales! XB1 outselling PS4 OVER 3:1 on Amazon US! Sunset Bundle up 11,000%, 5 XB1 Skus in Top 40 Vs 1 PS4

Predict US Sales for Week Ending 8th

0 - 50k BOMBA 117 20.78%

51k - 100k 70 12.43%

101k - 150k 67 11.90%

151k - 200k 62 11.01%

201k - 250k 52 9.24%

251k - 300k 37 6.57%

301k - 350k 22 3.91%

351k+ INSANITY 134 23.80%

Total:561

I'm glad XBO is doing this good, at least in USA, I want to see big numbers for everyone, including Nintendo.

But despite this, PS4 is a tough rival that still has to show its cards. I was expecting PS4 to sell 3m worldwide, so i'm still thinking PS4 will be the best, mainly because USA, but XBO maybe can do better than I anticipated, so surely November will be very interesting....

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:

Not saying it's right or wrong, but when did this site completely shift it's attitude towards Amazon? People used to get slaughtered for even mentioning it... now even the more prominent users embrace it. Just curious.

Since they found out they can make the Xbox One look like it's selling a lot by using this, I mean it would be impresssive if these were the stats for the Best Sellers of 2014, but this is just hourly sales and they shouldn't have topics about hourly sales no matter what platform.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Aj_habfan said:

Not saying it's right or wrong, but when did this site completely shift it's attitude towards Amazon? People used to get slaughtered for even mentioning it... now even the more prominent users embrace it. Just curious.

Its the only way we can see how the temporary price drop is effecting Xbox One. Especially since VGC is being conservative with the updates.

Good.
I don't want Sony to feel too comfortable. Moves and counter moves, that's what keep the market healthy and benefit the customers.

Conegamer said:
Seece said:

Not most likely, it's very up in the air/hard to tell this month.

XB1 has never performed anywhere near like this before anyone shouts off about Titanfall and Kinectless Sku.

Indeed, but it really all comes down to Black Friday this month anyway. Depending on who has the better deals there will likely "win" NPD.

That's an interesting assessment. I still think the X1 will win NPD, but it's really up to SCEA to take action. I'm surprised that the European and Japanese branches of SCE have announced several bundles while the American branch has done diddly squat so far. And the longer SCEA waits, Sony will lose a lot of potential sales.

I do agree with you on Black Friday, though, as it's a huge day for console sales. If PS4 manages to win Black Friday, then it has a chance at winning November.

Around the Network

god damn ps4 still sliding back was 12 a day or two ago

Play Me

Ali_16x said:
Aj_habfan said:

Since they found out they can make the Xbox One look like it's selling a lot by using this, I mean it would be impresssive if these were the stats for the Best Sellers of 2014, but this is just hourly sales and they shouldn't have topics about hourly sales no matter what platform.

Every side has had their turn to use it to their advantage.

Maybe it is a good indication of sales, I don't know, it's just that before this year a thread referencing Amazon would have been laughed off and feature 20 pictures of baby seals being clubbed.

Alright, so if there is anymore sniping going on in here, i will shut the thread down and go through it block by block and ban ANYONE who got remotely insulting.

Now function. Function damn you!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Sales will shift when you actually have games to market with your deals. I can see M$ getting really aggressive and even marketing their strength and infrastructure with XBL over PSN. I still don't know how Sony let themselves get into a holiday with no killer app exclusives...

Now, we have to wait and see how the legs on these deals will work out and if it will be a sustained galvanizing into PS4 sales or potential sales being split more evenly. I imagine, also, these deals are getting the large bulk of old X360 owners moving to X1 finally.

Bayo2 down in the 60s :(

Man oh man. Just think if Sony was bundling the other big third parties right now (GTA5 and Farcry4) would be a massive fight for the top.

Either way awesome job MS. They should release these bundles / price cuts everywhere. Would keep things more interesting.

Competition is good for the industy,   it's now your turn Nintendo.