By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will Wii see a price cut?

not for a while....

Around the Network

when they can't even produce enough, price cut is the last thing they think about

Use that extra profit that would otherwise be lost through price-out, and put them into "production line"

I swear to god, Nintendo can never produce enough of anything.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Whenever they stop being completely sold out 95% of the time. Right now a price cut wouldn't boost their sales at all because it has such a high sell through rate. It would be like throwing away money.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Not until they feel they need to boost sales. Quite possibly not til next year, unless demand really drops or they're able to dramatically increase supply.

I think we will see new colours before a price cut. I can see new colours this summer, and a price drop early next year

EDIT: there will be a new model with an HDD and dvd playback capabilities at the time of the price drop, in about March

Around the Network

It depends, if sales drop significantly expect a price cut the month after.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

who knows the wii still sellout on an weekly basic maby sometime next year i wouldn't get my hopes up though.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Not until they stop selling out.

I think I recall them stating they are not in competition with PS3 and 360, so like others are saying, a price cut will happen when sales fall dramatically.

never

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!