By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will Wii see a price cut?

When do you think wii will see a price cut?

If xbox was to go below them would they cut it then?

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1
Around the Network

When demand slows too much.

What if xbox goes below them before that happens?

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

They wouldn't cut it if 360 goes below them. 360 wouldn't cut into their sales at all.

I suspect the Wii will get a price reduction sometime between March 31st 2008 and September 31st 2008, after Nintendo has increased production to 2.5 Million systems per month and the XBox 360 (and PS3) begins to approach their price point with a system people want to buy.

Around the Network

Q4 at the earliest.

when demand

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

i think maybe september (TGS). that's nintendo's big event every year. if not a price cut (to like $200), i think a bundle would be nice (maybe wii sports + mario kart for $250).

It wouldn't make much financial sense to cut the price while demand is still outpacing the supply. It will probably be around the holiday time that they two will equal out.. but there's no telling when a price cut could be.

I'd guess closer to the latter half of this year. August through November of 2008.

It won't boost sales long term (short term it could if its accompanied by increased supply), just sustain current levels.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">