By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A question about FF CC: My life as a King

tastyshovelware said:
it's a bs ff title.

you talk to people in your city.... a lot. you get them to do things (as you are a king).

there is no actual combat.

im skipping it, no doubt.

lol, it's not that I don't trust your source, but can someone confirm it?

Wow, that is tough to swallow if you are a huge SquareEnix fan and you pay 15 bucks for that.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

It's an act raiser esque game. It's a town building RPG sim. Awesome for anyone that played that game, or likes that very small niche genre.

As I understand it (I;ve been following the game since it's announcement) There isn't direct combat, rather you hire heroes and adventurers to fight for you. The combat is not done on screen, rather your heroes will report back to you to tell you what happened, and give you items and loot or tell you they got their asses kicked and need better equipment and whatever else you need to buff your heroes. You build your town, add shops, houses, ect ect, in order to make your town prosper and survive. It should be under 40MB (which I believe is the limit set for wiiware games).

If you're looking for a traditional RPG, then this isn't it. If you want the sequel to Crystal Chronicles then you'll have to wait for Crystal Bearers which IGN claims is set for later this year. This is a town building RPG sim, very unique niche product. Totally buying it because I love this type of game.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

SE said that it comoftably fits in the Wii's memory however common sense would suggest an unnancounced HD.

"Like you know"

lol, it's not that I don't trust your source, but can someone confirm it?

Wow, that is tough to swallow if you are a huge SquareEnix fan and you pay 15 bucks for that.

Nothing wrong with that, if it's a sim/strategy game rather than an RPG. I'm apparently one of the few who thinks $15 is a great price.

If you want the sequel to Crystal Chronicles then you'll have to wait for Crystal Bearers which IGN claims is set for later this year.

There seems to be a lot of rumors that the "real" Crystal Chronicles game has been canceled in favor of this. Which would make me awfully mad. I swear developers are actively trying to keep decent games off of the Wii.

im not saying it will be a bad game, but there is no reason for this game to carry the final fantasy name. it's more like harvest moon: kingdom edition. so AoA will probably love it, haha.

here's a link to an interview with the creator: http://wii.ign.com/articles/854/854726p1.html

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
It's an act raiser esque game. It's a town building RPG sim. Awesome for anyone that played that game, or likes that very small niche genre.

As I understand it (I;ve been following the game since it's announcement) There isn't direct combat, rather you hire heroes and adventurers to fight for you. The combat is not done on screen, rather your heroes will report back to you to tell you what happened, and give you items and loot or tell you they got their asses kicked and need better equipment and whatever else you need to buff your heroes. You build your town, add shops, houses, ect ect, in order to make your town prosper and survive. It should be under 40MB (which I believe is the limit set for wiiware games).

If you're looking for a traditional RPG, then this isn't it. If you want the sequel to Crystal Chronicles then you'll have to wait for Crystal Bearers which IGN claims is set for later this year. This is a town building RPG sim, very unique niche product. Totally buying it because I love this type of game.

Actraiser ruled.  The city building parts were even better then the platforming parts... then they got rid of the city building parts in actraiser 2....

Yeah, I hated act raiser 2 for that very reason. The platformer parts in the first were good, but it was just a means of getting to the next town building part as far as I was concerned.

here seems to be a lot of rumors that the "real" Crystal Chronicles game has been canceled in favor of this.

IGN directly addressed that rumor in a podcast about a month ago, and said it was totally untrue. They said from everything they've been hearing from their sources within the industry that the project was going fine. And in their latest preview of this CC game, they even re-iterated that Crystal bearers is slated to be released later this year. That rumor was first put in I think EGM or one of those stupid magazines, and then grew wildly out of proportion. I'll trust the guys that say "that rumor definitely isn't true" over the ones that say "This is a complete rumor"

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Thank you @The_vagabond7.

Now I'm even more interested in this game.

Thanks for clearing that up Vagabond, was about to do it. There's a radiosilence on CB because MLaaK arrives first and two CC games can be confusing.
So The Crystal Bearers is still bound to arrive in 08, and the only footage looked awesome.

I think $15,- is a great price. I love city building sims and I love the RPG feel.

And tastyshovelware: a bit negative lately? How is it more a BS FF title then others? It's not a real RPG, but there will be RPG elements. Plus everything is set in the FFCC universe, which was one of the few OK things in the GC game.

Really looking forward to it.

The_vagabond7 said:
Yeah, I hated act raiser 2 for that very reason. The platformer parts in the first were good, but it was just a means of getting to the next town building part as far as I was concerned.

I totally agree with you, the best part of Act Raiser was running around and shooting demons in the ass with cupids arrows. I really wish someone would make a true sequel to that game.