By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you were to buy 10 games on .......

If I were a millionaire, I still could not name 10 games for each console that I'd want to buy in 2008. Sorry.

Around the Network

Wii:

- SSBB
- Mario Kart Wii

PS3

- Mercenaries 2 !!!!! (multi)
- Killzone 2
- Gran Turismo 5
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Resistance 2
- SOCOM Confrontation
- Hot Shots Golf 5
- Haze
- FF13
- Infamous
- White Knight Chronicles
- New Team ICO game
- New Naughty Dog Game (Uncharted 2?)

360:

- GTA4 (multi)
- Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (multi)
- Army of Two (multi)
- Star Wars Force Unleashed (multi)
- Gears of War 2
- Splinter Cell Conviction
- Ninja Gaiden 2

PSP

-God of War
- Crisis Core

DS

- Final Fantasy 4

- Dragonquest IX

Wii

disaster day of crisis
brawl
house of the dead
fatal frame 4
wii music
obscure 2
Mario baseball
Mario kart
destroy all humans
deadly creatures

banjo 3
resident evil 5
????
????
????
????
????
????
????
????

ps3

eight days
????
????
????
????
????
????
????
????
????

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

One game on the DS? That's just prejudice, lol.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

PS3 (own one): Resistance 2, Killzone 2, GTA IV (multi), The Getaway 3, Metal GearSolid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm 2, Gran Turismo 5 (prologue), White Knight Story and Infamous.

360 (hypothetical): Banjo-Kazooie 3, Prototype (multi), Ghostbusters (multi) and Resident Evil 5 (multi) and Alone in the Dark (multi).

PSP (may get one): God of War: Chains of Olympus. hmm... don't know further right now.

DS (we own two of them): Hmmm... don't know (satisfied with Mario Kart, Meteos and New SMB for now [good replay value for on the road], portrait of ruin sucked too much for me and haven't bought any new games for quite a while)

Wii (my kid sister owns one): Mario Kart...hmmm, not sure beyond that... Maybe super smash bros, but I think I would prefer a fighting game like Tekken 6 and the new Streetfighter game for PS3/360.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Wii: in order of interest

1. SSBB/MKWii
3. Wii Fit
4. Kirby Wii
5. AC Wii
6. WE:PM (Yay! A Third Party in top 10)

I probably won't buy any of these:

7. Okami
8. Boom Blox
9. Wii Music
10. No More Heroes

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I'd rather do an overall top 10 list for all systems, but since the topic is like it is I'll just do Wii and DS, cus I'm a Nintendo fanboy who DOESN'T hate on other consoles. Also, note, I'm not gonna use any multiplats, but remakes are allowed, imo.

Wii:

1. Tales of Symphonia

2. Brawl

3. Kart

4. Fragile

5. Fatal Frame IV

6. Project O

7. Disaster: Day of Crysis

8. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 2

9. Wii Fit OR Boom Blox, both tie for 9th

10. Oboro Muramasa Youtouden(can't be sure of 08 stateside release so dropped to 10)

DS

1. Dragonquest IX

2. The World Ends With You

3. Soma Bringer

4. Final Fantasy IV

5. Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword

6. New Castlevania(yet untitled, so not sure about 08...but likely)

7. Final Fantasy Tactics advance A2: The sealed Grimoire(bolded for excitement)

8. Fire Emblem Remake(working title, hopefully xmas 08)

9. One of the "Tales of" games(of Innocence or of the Tempest, hope they get brought to US) or if you don't accept that, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days or Spore.

10. FF:CC Rings of fate, but if you'll take unannounced again, I'd rather see: "Professor Layton: Pandora's Box" or "New Apollo Justice" or "FFXIII spinoff"

If you ask me, those lists are quite exciting, and I usually don't buy more than 20 games a year, but I'll make an exception because I got to buy those, and a couple of PS3 games, plus PC games as well. Alan Wake is an interesting looking game for the 360, as is Fable 2, but I sold my 360, so here's hoping for a PC release.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

MikeB said:
PS3 (own one): Resistance 2, Killzone 2, GTA IV (multi), The Getaway 3, Metal GearSolid 4, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm 2, Gran Turismo 5 (prologue), White Knight Story and Infamous.

360 (hypothetical): Banjo-Kazooie 3, Prototype (multi), Ghostbusters (multi) and Resident Evil 5 (multi) and Alone in the Dark (multi).

PSP (may get one): God of War: Chains of Olympus. hmm... don't know further right now.

DS (we own two of them): Hmmm... don't know (satisfied with Mario Kart, Meteos and New SMB for now [good replay value for on the road], portrait of ruin sucked too much for me and haven't bought any new games for quite a while)

Wii (my kid sister owns one): Mario Kart...hmmm, not sure beyond that... Maybe super smash bros, but I think I would prefer a fighting game like Tekken 6 and the new Streetfighter game for PS3/360.

If you have a fanboy leant, and know you can't help it, lol, just don't make a list for the Wii or DS. It's not your fault that you don't like the Wii, or that you LOVE your PS3, that's just you.

Anyway, if you like RPG's, like I think you do, since your a PS3 owner, you should check out my DS list, man, the DS has some freakin' awesome RPG's this year.

Also, you forgot Disgaea. If you have never played it, I suggest getting Disgaea 1, and doing the whole series, they are amazing if your a fan of story driven rpgs.

Speaking of that, I dunno if you could add Persona: FES(I think that's the right letters, lol), but that is gonna be great RPG for great value, BC on 80gb ps3. 

Anyway, tell your sister to check out "Fragile" on gametrailers, I think it will get her really excited. 

Also, I know I singled you out, and I'm sorry, but I just picked the closest person towards the bottom. :P 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Ten for each is too much but here's five (that I don't own)

Wii: No More Heroes, SSBB, Mario Kart, Wii Fit, We Ski

DS: Sonic RPG, Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing

PSP: GoW, Patapon, SW, Monster Hunter, FFVII

360: Mass Effect, Fable 2, GTAIV, Dead Rising, Burnout

PS3: Drake's Fortune, Burnout, GTAIV, Lara Croft Underworld, GoW3

Wii: SSBB, Mario Kart, Project O, Okami, Mushroom men...
360: Gears of Wars 2...
PS3: Little Big Plannet...
PC: L4D, StarCraft2, Evolution, Empire: Total War, and a couple of shooters...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."