By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WiiU Overtracked, 300k+, Xbox One-Wii U gap down to 550k?

Mummelmann said:

3: Nintendo is confused themselves over the definition of shipped vs sold, could be a side effect of Iwata's recent surgery, perhaps he was drowsy from the anesthetic and made a mistake that everyone in the management somehow overlooked (they may have been operated on as well).

I blame Iwata. He should have been more clear like "It's shipped, shipped, not necessarily on people's houses, but in any warehouse, Walmart stock or ship!!".

Around the Network
eyeofcore said:
Mummelmann said:

Just to add my 2 cents; I don't understand how anyone can argue against the Wii U being overtracked at this point. 7.29 million shipped by Sept. 30th and an actual sellthrough of 7.44 million on Oct. 18th would imply at least one of the following points:

1: The Wii U sold through every single unit in the previous shipment, effectively leaving zero stock, despite there being no reports in any region or from any chain or vendor of shortages or stock issues and have continued selling through every single unit in stock in October. We also know that some stores actually shipped units back due to excess stock about a year ago...

2: They did have surplus stock by Sept. 30th and have shipped an obscene amount (relatively) in the beginning of October and have actually sold about 120-140k per week in October and seen an unprecedented rise of weeky sales in the 110-180% region or so for no good reason at all.

3: Nintendo is confused themselves over the definition of shipped vs sold, could be a side effect of Iwata's recent surgery, perhaps he was drowsy from the anesthetic and made a mistake that everyone in the management somehow overlooked (they may have been operated on as well).

Nintendo on bare minimum has sold 120K Wii U's in October or max of 150-165K...

There are at least by end of Oct 7.3 million Wii U's sold to consumers...

There isn't, because they were not above 7m sold going into October.

What i think is interesting is assuming the X1 had lots of sales from those shipped units. Those europe numbers still look quite questionable to me.
Its small evidence, but shops around here hardly carry any X1's. I dont know who is stocking and selling on those theoretical X1's.

Nem said:
What i think is interesting is assuming the X1 had lots of sales from those shipped units. Those europe numbers still look quite questionable to me.
Its small evidence, but shops around here hardly carry any X1's. I dont know who is stocking and selling on those theoretical X1's.

My calculations account for 1.1m - 1.3m XB1's in the channel and WiiU 300k.

I an going to make the not so bold statement right now that starting somewhere in June, the Wii U has never been above the Xbox One, and the Wii U never saw above 55k a week the entire Q2.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network

no.

wii U and ps4 always sell through 100% of stock immediately
only the inferior xb1 has 2m+ Units on shelves, while being available in the lowest number of different territories...

Welfare said:

I an going to make the not so bold statement right now that starting somewhere in June, the Wii U has never been above the Xbox One, and the Wii U never saw above 55k a week the entire Q2.

Yeah I can agree with this.

prinz_valium said:
no.

only the inferior xb1 has 2m+ Units on shelves, while being available in the lowest number of different territories...

Lol while some of that is fairly accurate of what is being said, I haven't seen anyone saying 2m+ and the PS4 case was only true before I:SS really. Since then PS4 stock has been increasing and now I expect it to match XB1 in having 1-1.5m in the channel. I'd guess WiiU has 300-400k in the channel

The beginning of the end

Xevross said:
prinz_valium said:
no.

Lol while some of that is fairly accurate of what is being said, I haven't seen anyone saying 2m+ and the PS4 case was only true before I:SS really. Since then PS4 stock has been increasing and now I expect it to match XB1 in having 1-1.5m in the channel. I'd guess WiiU has 300-400k in the channel

it was an obvious joke.
thats why i used this numbers.  2m xb1 on shelves would result in 7.8m shipped xb1. that would be the absolut highest possible nummer. 7.3 - 7.8m shipped is what i suspect.

btw: after the sony fy results, some1 should do a ps vs xbox family comparison of shipped numbers compared to vgc sold trough (because we only know the combined numbers)
and see if the % will have a wide gap, or not