By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus Free Game For Nov 2014: "Don't Expect AAA Retail Games for PS3 or PS4" & More Details Leaked

platformmaster918 said:
GamechaserBE said:
dukerx2 said:
$50 for 72 games, I will never complain about that.

Well many wanted a bit more than just getting indie games, but it is all fine for me...the problem is that many game I got free this generation are so 'meh';..Only outlast really was enjoyable for me.....Velocity was fine for a few hours..:s;..

indies are worth $10 usually at LEAST.  So 72x10=$720

Let's assume you won't like most.  You're at least getting $100 worth of content PESSIMISTICALLY.  That's still double your money's worth and I can't tell you how many discounts I've taken advantage of and then of course all the extra benefits like cloud saves, auto updates, and such

Oh no the PS plus discounts are the best thing but we are talking about the 'free' games right?

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
dukerx2 said:
$50 for 72 games, I will never complain about that.

Well many wanted a bit more than just getting indie games, but it is all fine for me...the problem is that many game I got free this generation are so 'meh';..Only outlast really was enjoyable for me.....Velocity was fine for a few hours..:s;..

Yeah I can see the indie argument, they do seem to push them on PS+ subscribers. But I've enjoy so many games I would have never played If It wasn't for PS+. I've been rather disappointed with the current generation games offered also, Dust being my stand out. 

platformmaster918 said:
Nkh3 said:
PS+ has gone from being really good to being bad. This summer was the turning point for some reason

Crysis 3 sure was horrible lol and that was AAA.  On the bright side I have enjoyed Dust (just platinumed it the other day), Pixeljunk, Dead Nation, Stick it to the Man, Resogun, Outlast, and Mercenary Kings on PS4 already.

You really enjoyed stick it to the man =p?  Felt like a bad Psychonauts clone for me...And Yes Dust is great, Have it platinumed aswell and also got like all achievements for it on my X360 two years ago =p

GamechaserBE said:
platformmaster918 said:

indies are worth $10 usually at LEAST.  So 72x10=$720

Let's assume you won't like most.  You're at least getting $100 worth of content PESSIMISTICALLY.  That's still double your money's worth and I can't tell you how many discounts I've taken advantage of and then of course all the extra benefits like cloud saves, auto updates, and such

Oh no the PS plus discounts are the best thing but we are talking about the 'free' games right?

Well yeah that's what the whole first part of the post was about is that it's worth it just based on free games even if you're very very picky.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

So the Legend of Isaac is confirmed? Yuck... I hope the other games are a bit better.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
platformmaster918 said:
Nkh3 said:
PS+ has gone from being really good to being bad. This summer was the turning point for some reason

Crysis 3 sure was horrible lol and that was AAA.  On the bright side I have enjoyed Dust (just platinumed it the other day), Pixeljunk, Dead Nation, Stick it to the Man, Resogun, Outlast, and Mercenary Kings on PS4 already.

You really enjoyed stick it to the man =p?  Felt like a bad Psychonauts clone for me...And Yes Dust is great, Have it platinumed aswell and also got like all achievements for it on my X360 two years ago =p

psychonauts?  Huh?  That is just...they're not similar gameplay wise at all.  I guess artistically but not really becaues it's a sidescroller lol.  It was HILARIOUS and a fun indie romp.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I stopped expecting AAA games long time ago, and stopped paying PS+ as well. It's $50 wasted on an outside chance I might happen to like an indie game.

I guess my PS+ purchase is postponed until at least January, money saved to buy a quality AAA game I actually want and will enjoy.

Don't care.
I enjoy my 'free' trophies each month, and occasionally get spoiled with a title that I was holding off on (Rainbow Moon most recent),
The discounts alone make it worth it, the free games and trophies are icing on the cake for me.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

If you're paying $50 for PS+, you're already doing it wrong.

Thanks jlmurph!

You guys do realize that Sony was giving away AAA titles on PS+ on PS3...like, 4 years into the consoles life right? Hard to give away AAA titles, when the majority are 3rd party, and less than a year old. Some seriously entitled gamer's out there.