By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Brazilian presidential election today!

Brazilian presidential election today!

Dilma Roussef. 15 40.54%

AĆ©cio Neves. 22 59.46%

Total:37
ktay95 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Haha this is how I feel. But here in Australia we use paper ballots so I just draw funny faces on it =P

(We are forced to vote or we are fined)

That's bullshit.

1. Your civil rights are being infringed upon.

2. It forces even more uneducated, willfully ignorant, government-handout-seeking voters into voting for people they no nothing about.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network

How long until we know?

morenoingrato said:
How long until we know?

40 minutes.

The votes are at 81,09% already. However they do not publish any results till it is all done.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

BraveNewWorld said:
ktay95 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Haha this is how I feel. But here in Australia we use paper ballots so I just draw funny faces on it =P

That's bullshit.

2. It forces even more uneducated, willfully ignorant, government-handout-seeking voters into voting for people they no nothing about.

In Brazil you can vote null, and let the others decide for you. So you are not forced to know someone you don't know anyhting about.

And analphabets have optional voting.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Skidmore said:
BraveNewWorld said:
ktay95 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

That's bullshit.

In Brazil you can vote null, and let the others decide for you. So you are not forced to know someone you don't know anyhting about.

And analphabets have optional voting.

Also elders too. They only vote if they want to. 65 years and up, I think.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

85,41%. My heart can't take this.

mZuzek said:
morenoingrato said:
How long until we know?

I think about 1 hour.

30 minutes now. Votes accounted for are at 85,16%.

Again, they do not let us know who is winning till eight o´clock.

Munchies said:
85,41%. My heart can't take this.

Me too, I am getting sick to my stomach from the anxiety.

BraveNewWorld said:

That's bullshit.

1- Their reality is way different than US's read the reasons for mandatory vote in previous pages.

2- Worse than uneducated, willfully ignorant vote for people that they know nothing about, is the inability to directly elect who they really want. Glass house.

Government-hand out-seeking voters are less of a problem than government-handout-seeking companies. Corruption on higher level in Brasil is higher than US, I think.

Munchies said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Munchies said:
A antecipação está me matando. Não sei o que eu faço se a Dilma vencer. Sinto que se isso acontecer, virá um governo muito perigoso pelos próximos quatro anos.

Yes, I feel the same. 16 years is way too long.

Not only that, but her government's been far more destructive than Lula's. At least, his first mandate was kind of okay, but it all went downhill with Guido Mantega.

I think she is doing better than Lula, in my opinion the economic growth decrease is kind of a consequence of the social politics we had over the last years, especially some that appeard during Lula's government.

Anyway, I think that doesn't matter who win, there will be no major changes because the social politics are still necessary to reduce the poverty.

I voted for Dilma, because I've seen a huge improvement in the city I live (Uberaba, MG) thanks to "Minha Casa, Minha Vida" and to the investments in our federal university. I study Electric Engeneering in a university that didn't even exist 5 years ago (it was limited to medicine only, so it wasn't a university technically speaking) in a new campus that is with a lot of other buildings under construction. Also, it seems that Nordeste and Norte improved a lot in many ways, at least acording to people I know that live there.