By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Brazilian presidential election today!

Brazilian presidential election today!

Dilma Roussef. 15 40.54%

AĆ©cio Neves. 22 59.46%

Total:37
mZuzek said:
RCTjunkie said:

So is it a right if you are forced to do it?

Hey, don't start coming all complicated on me. I know nothing about this kind of stuff and what's the difference between "rights" and "duties". I'd think I would know the difference between them, since it's pretty much in the name, but I've been confused by that in the past so I'm just shying away from it. Being a foreign citizen here, I don't have any incentive to understand these things better.

All I know is that voting isn't mandatory in the US, so it's natural to be congratulated for taking the time to do it, but that's not the case here.

I don´t get congratulated that often man, could let me have this one?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Voting shouldn't be mandatory, that's obvious.

Skidmore said:
Does U.S still use old paper voting system?

Yep:

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:

Haha this is how I feel. But here in Australia we use paper ballots so I just draw funny faces on it =P

(We are forced to vote or we are fined)

RCTjunkie said:

So is it a right if you are forced to do it?

The idea behind the forced vote is decrease how much the bought votes (corrupt) affect the results.

We don't have a society resolved enought to use an option vote system.

Around the Network
Munchies said:

Where you live is obvious.

Here in Brazil it is obvious it can't be optional... optional will created more corruption because the only people that will vote are these that recieved some money to vote.

So you a candidate can go in a community of 5000 people and say here something to you... if you vote in me again I will give you another thing.

So it will win every year... with mandatory vote even if these 5000 vote in this person the end result is not definited because others people will vote in others candidates... so it is better for the contry to have a mandatory vote system.

The society here needs to grow to reach a level of consciousness to have a optional vote.

Doesn't really matter, corruption and PMDB will prevail anyway.

Carpe diem!

WagnerPaiva said:
Skidmore said:

Yep:

Gosh, and I thinking that waiting 30 minutes to know the results was a lot of suffering.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Skidmore said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Skidmore said:

Yep:

Gosh, and I thinking that waiting 30 minutes to know the results was a lot of suffering.

Funny thing: I have just beat down Deathstroke on WiiU´s Batman Origins, like 30 minutes ago.

ethomaz said:
Munchies said:

Where you live is obvious.

Here in Brazil it is obvious it can't be optional... optional will created more corruption because the only people that will vote are these that recieved some money to vote.

So you a candidate can go in a community of 5000 people and say here something to you... if you vote in me again I will give you another thing.

So it will win every year... with mandatory vote even if these 5000 vote in this person the end result is not definited because others people will vote in others candidates... so it is better for the contry to have a mandatory vote system.

The society here needs to grow to reach a level of consciousness to have a optional vote.

I'm Brazilian and I live in Rio.

Now, of course there's stuff that can't be done now, such as eliminating minimum wage. Mandatory voting should be abolished when the Estate stops being so influential.