By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sans Japan, will the Wii ever overtake PS4, launch aligned?

Will PS4 remain ahead?

Yes 29 59.18%

No 20 40.82%

Total:49
Troll_Whisperer said:
drake_tolu said:

Rhe Wii have sold 43,5 million by end of 2008.

7,65 million in Japan, so without Japan "only" little less than 36,000,000...

I predict 40,000,000 by end of 2015, so, i said no, PS4 will be above Wii forever without Japan.

40m outside of Japan, so about 42m with Japan by the end of 2015? Sounds like a bit of a stretch to me, but who knows, sales might improve a lot in the 2nd year.

I think PS4 can remain above 36m outside of Japan by the end of 2015, it's gonna be around there somewhere.

SORRY!

40,000,000 with Japan.

I predict 1,750,000 PS4 in Japan by end of 2015, so, 38,250,000... Still above the Wii.

Around the Network
padib said:
The Wii sales in Japan is not the outlier. The low sales of home consoles in Japan this gen is the outlier. Make sales trends of home consoles in Japan for the past 5 generations and you will see that the outliers are the U and the PS4.

That's what I meant. So I'm comparing sales in the rest of the world, where sales haven't plummeted and gens are comparable.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

drake_tolu said:

SORRY!

40,000,000 with Japan.

I predict 1,750,000 PS4 in Japan by end of 2015, so, 38,250,000... Still above the Wii.

No need to say sorry, and by the way your English has improved a lot in the last few months.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Hm...... I bet the Wii at some point passes the PS4 in both NA and Europe (simultaneously), however it will not pass the PS4 globally minus Japan because of the ROW sales.

Troll_Whisperer said:
drake_tolu said:

SORRY!

40,000,000 with Japan.

No need to say sorry, and by the way your English has improved a lot in the last few months.

I wrote a topic for this.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=192094&page=1

Around the Network
drake_tolu said:

Lol, hadn't seen it. Bump it up in a few months and let me know.

Troll_Whisperer said:
drake_tolu said:

Lol, hadn't seen it. Bump it up in a few months and let me know.

Sure!

Troll_Whisperer said:

That's what I meant. So I'm comparing sales in the rest of the world, where sales haven't plummeted and gens are comparable.

I really don't think the home console market has had a 'crash' in Japan since last gen despite being down massively. I think this gen's consoles just don't excite the audience there. Basically, it's not the fault of the market or external forces from other companies, it's the fault of Nintendo and Sony.

Nothing against your thread though, carry on.

the_dengle said:

I really don't think the home console market has had a 'crash' in Japan since last gen despite being down massively. I think this gen's consoles just don't excite the audience there. Basically, it's not the fault of the market or external forces from other companies, it's the fault of Nintendo and Sony.

Nothing against your thread though, carry on.

I see where you're coming from, I think it's one of those self defeating processes where fewer sales = fewer games = fewer sales...

Living in Japan, I know smartphones gaming has exploded thoguh. It was so quick too. Not sure how much this affects home consoles but I do meet people who're still into retro gaming and smartphone gaming only. Damn Puzzle and Dragons...

Troll_Whisperer said:

I see where you're coming from, I think it's one of those self defeating processes where fewer sales = fewer games = fewer sales...

Living in Japan, I know smartphones gaming has exploded thoguh. It was so quick too. Not sure how much this affects home consoles but I do meet people who're still into retro gaming and smartphone gaming only. Damn Puzzle and Dragons...

It has, but that is also the case in the West. The gaming console market as a whole has contracted this gen; in Japan, it seems to have mainly affected the home systems, while in the West it has mostly hurt handhelds.