By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - WW hardware + US software 18th October 2014

Wow @ PS4 is doing almost 300K ...

Around the Network

Sony is just ridiculous with these sales and it aint even the holiday season yet :)

I hope npd will track vita tv sale

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Wow huge adjustments and sales jumps! The Holiday season is upon us!!! Why are 3DS numbers so low? I can't see the drop being THAT big already. Stock issues maybe?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

leo-j said:
Now if only Sony would advertise the z3 with the ps4....

in ireland and the UK they have. They showed the phone attachted to the ps4 controller playing a game from the ps4. 

Around the Network
small44 said:
Aerys said:
AZWification said:
Aerys said:
AZWification said:

When only one system is doing well in Japan, yup, it's over... :/

Dont worry, PS4 will save home console there :)

Let's hope, because things aren't look good at all for home consoels in Japan..

We dont know yet about that, PS4 has 0 real system seller for the moment. We'll have a small idea of the situation there in February and march. We cant say that only based on Wii U sales, remember we were saying the same thing about the whole gaming industry based on Wii U sales in the world , people thought consoles were doomed before next gen launch

MGS,Dragon quest,bloodborne will all be system sellers

I have no doubt about that, but some people still think they wont be big system seller. We can bet they'll be much bigger for PS4 than Mario Kart was for Wii U ( 20k )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

TheBlackNaruto said:
Wow huge adjustments and sales jumps! The Holiday season is upon us!!! Why are 3DS numbers so low? I can't see the drop being THAT big already. Stock issues maybe?

Japan? Yeah, the New 3DS XL, which has expected is the most sold model, was out of stock all over the place, till Saturday, so it wasn't able to sell much, and what arrived was probably in small quantities to be able to send to every store asking, so the following week should be better.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Tlozjb said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Japan? Yeah, the New 3DS XL, which has expected is the most sold model, was out of stock all over the place, till Saturday, so it wasn't able to sell much, and what arrived was probably in small quantities to be able to send to every store asking, so the following week should be better.

Okay well then yeah that explains the numbers then. So looking forward to see how it sells with the following week numbers. 

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

wow 12.3m,over 250k for the week,can we believe it looking forward to the high holidays,going to be good fun

really changed gen over gen,nintendo use to dominate the top s/ware charts,not anymore

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

prinz_valium said:
bigjon said:

a little off subject, back august me and you went back and forth, you were conviced the PS4 would be at NO MORE than 14 million come DEC 31. More likely 12-13 million.

Do you still stand by that?

has to be july, or august before the 10m gamescom announcement

and have a look at my sig. no i dont think ps4 will be below 15m end of 2014 anymore...

could have been, but I am pretty sure it was after the 10 mil announcement (which was why I was baffled you were only saying 14mil). It was in that "Can PS4 Selling 17 Million by End of 2014" Thread.

I think you just underestimated destiny honestly. Destiny is still moving PS4s over a month after launch.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut