500k to 750k 112 21.41%

750k to 1.0m 50 9.56%

1.0m to 1.25m 37 7.07%

1.25m to 1.50m 23 4.40%

>1.5m 50 9.56%

see results 142 27.15%

Total:521
prinz_valium said:
they only shipped 300k laster quarter? the mk8 quarter?
imho they should be down this quarter. but it Looks like inventory clean the last one

[x]500-750k

That was last year's Q2. Last quarter (MK8) they shipped 510k.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
Slarvax said:
prinz_valium said:
imho they should be down this quarter. but it Looks like inventory clean the last one

[x]500-750k

ahh okay. thanks.

in that case i can see them to ship even less than 500k

we all sould use the terms last quarter and last year quarter :D

last year quarter 300k

last quarter 510k

prinz_valium said:
Slarvax said:
prinz_valium said:

[x]500-750k

ahh okay. thanks.

last year quarter 300k

last quarter 510k

Hehe... If you wanna get more technical, we should say:

Q2 FY13= 300k

Q2 FY14= 510k

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
prinz_valium said:
Slarvax said:
prinz_valium said:

[x]500-750k

ahh okay. thanks.

last year quarter 300k

last quarter 510k

Hehe... If you wanna get more technical, we should say:

Q2 FY13= 300k

Q2 FY14= 510k

yeah. just read the 300 in op

but not the q2 fy13

im blind :D

They're going to miss their fiscal year targets for the 3DS by a country mile, even with the New 3DS.

Too many kids getting hooked on smartphone/tablet games in many cases even before they touch a Nintendo handheld.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
They're going to miss their fiscal year targets for the 3DS by a country mile, even with the New 3DS.

Too many kids getting hooked on smartphone/tablet games in many cases even before they touch a Nintendo handheld.

if theire handheld will fail, too they have to go third party

they got a big advantage. nintendo games are the only ones they could easily sell for 40 bucks on a smartphone. but no1 is willing to do that for shitty mobile games. but mario or pokemon? sure

only 2 problems google and apple want theire 30% sales cut. and they will lose the money form hardware.

and u cant play smah on a touchscreen. (some other games would be no problem)

im really curious about nintendo. they're in such a bad position right now. not even compareable to n64 and gamecube high profit times

I'm excited for the losses and meltdowns.

The 3DS is, what, 50% hardware shipments from last year? It won't be in this quarterly report but they'll no doubt miss the targeted sales figures but they won't be as far off given the strong holiday line-up and the n3DS sales. I'd expect them to get 9-10 million rather than their anticipated 12 million.

The WiiU will likely ship 500-700k, somewhere in there given their higher, but slipping baselines. They'll probably make their year-end expectations for the WiiU.

What I'm interested in seeing is how this year (and next) will compare on software and profits therein for the WiiU and 3DS. The WiiU software has been seeing pretty good numbers unlike last year where there was no software. The 3DS has had a weak mid-year but they have a jam-packed holiday into next year which is where they completely dropped the ball last year with the holidays leading into nothing. And they'll likely be seeing increased software profits from the DLC.

Vena said:

The 3DS is, what, 50% hardware shipments from last year? It won't be in this quarterly report but they'll no doubt miss the targeted sales figures but they won't be as far off given the strong holiday line-up and the n3DS sales. I'd expect them to get 9-10 million rather than their anticipated 12 million.

The WiiU will likely ship 500-700k, somewhere in there given their higher, but slipping baselines. They'll probably make their year-end expectations for the WiiU.

What I'm interested in seeing is how this year (and next) will compare on software and profits therein for the WiiU and 3DS. The WiiU software has been seeing pretty good numbers unlike last year where there was no software. The 3DS has had a weak mid-year but they have a jam-packed holiday into next year which is where they completely dropped the ball last year with the holidays leading into nothing. And they'll likely be seeing increased software profits from the DLC.

I think Nintendo will be fairly bitterly dissapointed with 9-10 million 3DS' for the fiscal year, but they probably have no choice but to grin and bear it. 

I think the one silver lining this fiscal year will be that amiibos will make a very nice chunk of change ... at $14 a pop, the profit margin on those plastic toys is probably through the roof. I think Nintendo's almost going to think "screw selling video games, toys is where its at", lol. 

Soundwave said:

I think Nintendo will be fairly bitterly dissapointed with 9-10 million 3DS' for the fiscal year, but they probably have no choice but to grin and bear it. 

I think the one silver lining this fiscal year will be that amiibos will make a very nice chunk of change ... at $14 a pop, the profit margin on those plastic toys is probably through the roof. I think Nintendo's almost going to think "screw selling video games, toys is where its at", lol. 

I doubt they will be bitterly disappointed. The n3DS is obviously there understanding of slipping sales and its there own fault that they wasted the 3DSs 2013 momentum with the lacking year of 2014. They seem to have actually planned ahead with the n3DS this time around and will let the holidays handle the West, while the n3DS and the strong software line-up will handle Japan. If they can keep Japan afloat well and into the seemingly better 2015 for software, and then the following NA/EU n3DS launch gives them a good push and they can feed it with titles like MH4G, FF:E, Pokemon/Smash legs, Xenoblade, STEAM, Bravely, etc, they'll be looking at a much better 2015 than 2014. (The much better production costs on the n3DS will also boost their profits in 2015.)

I don't know if it will be Amiibos, they'll certainly turn them a nice profit but we don't have any real forecasts on their selling potential, but more that the systems are actually selling software. Last FY the WiiU was literally a drain and, iirc, NCL wrote off all production costs on that FY as well. That means this year is only profits on anything the WiiU does and it has actual software selling this FY. Amiibos are a low-risk venture for Nintendo.