By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I got 20 PS4's in tonight! Why?

spurgeonryan said:

I'll assume for CoD? Never get more than 5-6 at a time. Also got a dozen more Infinity 2 sets for Wii U and two Sunset Overdrive X1 bundles. Strange night!

Its the end of October, shouldn't the slow build of inventory start by now?

Or

IS the PS4 featured in next weeks ad?

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

Sony and retailers are getting ready for massive sales this holiday. Hopefully there won't be any shortages so PS4 can realize its full holiday sales potential

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Only 2 sunset bundles? Hmm, I do agree with celador that they never made too many of those bundles.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Ninsect said:
Sony and retailers are getting ready for massive sales this holiday. Hopefully there won't be any shortages so PS4 can realize its full holiday sales potential

Yep, 50% of the year's sales will be happening between the beginning of this month and the end of the year. If PS4 hit 12 million by 4/10/2014, then that means Sony will have to make sure that have at least 7.6million units on shelves by the end of the year. At this point I think PS4 could easily beat the trend and top 20 million by the end of the year, Sony will easily have more than that shipped by 31/12/2014.

Wow... that is indeed a lot of PS4s. Winter is coming o.O

Around the Network

And what would be the normal amount?

celador said:
Only two Sunset Bundles? MS isn't making many of them it seems. I wonder if the CoD bundle is significantly more popular so they are making more of those instead

This was really weird to me too.  As we know COD's preorders are nothing like they used to be.  The COD bundle is an auto COD sales.  I think by reducing the choices for bundles, it may be seen a a selling point for the higher model.   Or perhaps its just their straight forward analysis on demand?

Little Big planet is BIG.